Built-in webcam isnt recognized by hp pavilion dv9950er laptop
When attempting to install drivers or associated software(like YourCam or HP Quickplay) shows ''webcam hasn't been found'' message. there's no sign of a webcam in windows' devices list aswell. platform is: windows vista ultimate
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Most HP laptops come equipped with a built-in webcam. However, many casual users have difficulty accessing the webcam. Whether, you have deleted the HP Webcam icon from your Desktop, or you are a first time user, there is an easy way of accessing the Webcam. The only requirement is that you have the HP QuickPlay software and latest driver for the webcam installed on your computer.
Download the latest driver for the Webcam:
1. Go to the HP Support and Drivers website for the most update-to-date HP Drivers. Enter laptop's model number, which can be found on the front of the laptop screen as well as the product sticker on the bottom. Choose the exact model from the list that shows up. Then select your operating system. Download the webcam driver from the list of available driver and software programs. Install the driver and reboot the computer at the end of the installation process.
2. Launch the HP QuickPlay application. Almost all HP laptops have the program pre-installed, but if for some reason you don't have the program, it can be downloaded from the HP website (link provided in Resources section).
3. Click on the "Music Videos Pictures" icon in HP Quickplay. HP Webcam will be available among the list of devices. Click on the HP Webcam button to turn it on(you will see a light next to webcam lens and an image will show up on the screen).
4. Double-click the active webcam image to enlarge it to full-screen.
5. Scroll down to the lower left corner of the screen and click on the "Snapshot Image" icon to take a picture. Click the "Record" icon to record a video.
6. Click the "Info/More Settings" icon denoted with a lowercase "i" to change settings such as the aspect ratio (4:3 or 16:9), or recording quality.
7. Use adequate lighting for the webcam considering its limited image quality and low light capabilities.
8. Now that you have installed the driver for the webcam, most 3rd party programs should also be able to detect and access the webcam. It can even be used it with messenger applications for video chatting/conferencing.
I hope you find it very helpful. Thank you for using fixya.
You have a HP DV6000, it uses Cyberlinks Youcam program, this program has to be started in order for the web camera to operate. If you do not have the software loaded on your laptop, below is a link to get it. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose a download, once the software is loaded and installed, click on the yourcam icon and a tutorial will appear and the camera will start and be indicated by a blue light by the lens.
I think you've problem of wrong driver or not good driver for your sound.Best is uninstall and restart your computer and it should auto install by itself back again.For your quickPlay you also need a driver for it make sure you install the driver.
this is common problem among HP laptops, even i am getting the same issues every now and then. what to do? if this occurs, most of the time i just restart my laptop and it goes fine again after restarting. if its gone bad, i go ahead and reinstall my webcam driver. you can do this by:
click on start, all programs and hit recovery manager.
when the recovery manager wizard pops up, click on the advanced options button
select software program re-installation and click next twice
select HP Quickplay / DVD play (hp quickplay program includes hp webcam drivers as well). hit next twice
restart your computer.
again, either restarting the computer or reinstalling the webcam drivers work for me. should work for you too.