Can get to region unlock menu but refuses to change.
I have bought a new Cyberhome 1600 cheap off of e-bay. It came out of Germany and has a different region unlock code to my previous 1600.
I can get to the unlock menu via:
Press RECORD (red button), 8, 1, 0, 5, RECORD
Enter region (0 = multi-region)
But from there on it refuses to change the region or do anything. I also note that I don't need to press record as the unlock crack suggests, so maybe it's not even exactly the right code. Any ideas please?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The optical laser pickup is fu.k.d up. You might as well throw away this cheap piece of sh.t and buy you a Sony or Pioneer. There is a reason why name brand costs a little more- they invest in R&D and product quality testing.
If your handy you can open this puppy up and install a new optical lens, but why bother when you can just go out to the store and pick up a decent DVD player at a reasonable price.
I just bought the CH-DVR 1600
@ Target. This is just a temporary workaround to enable playing of
region 2 DVD disks (don't have other regions but believe it will work
also), until the real regional unlock is available.
1. Insert the region 2 DVD disk and close the tray.
2. Wait for the "Wrong Region" popup to appear in the upper-right corner of your TV screen.
3. The display on your DRV reads "STOP" at this point and the "Wrong Region" popup has disappeared.
4. Press the number "1" button on your DVR remote and a small input popup will appear in the upper-left corner of your screen.
5. Do not press anything else and the DVR will accept this entry as
a chapter # and proceed to this chapter to start playing the movie.
NOTE1: The DVR runs in a somewhat restricted node, e.g. the DVR
display still reads "STOP" and some remote functions do not work, such
as "Menu". The input numbers correspond to the chapters on the DVD
disk, so you can experiment and get to the menu once you hit one of the
extra feature chapters with a "back to the menu" link on it.
NOTE2: I’m anxiously awaiting the real unlock sequence, as I tried most of the old ones posted here, none seemed to work.
also try this -Switch player ON with no disc
in the tray. Close tray and press MENU, 1, and 9 on the remote control.
A menu should appear with the Region Option. Highlight the Region entry
and press ENTER on the remote. Type in the Region you want. (Put 0 for
code free) Press ENTER again to confirm choice. Press OPEN/CLOSE TRAY
button and put in movie.
Dear friend, Try this method to change the region. 1. Switch player on, making sure that there's no disc in the tray. 2. Close
tray. 3. Using the remote control, key in the following: MENU, 1, 9. 4. A
menu will appear with the region option near the bottom of the screen. 5.
Press ENTER, enter the desired region AND PRESS ENTER again to save the desired
region. 6. Next press OPEN / CLOSE.
this is for:
1. Ensure the players disk tray is Closed with no disc .
2. Press Menu.
3. Press 1.
4. Press 9.
5. A menu will appear with the region number near the bottom of the screen.
6. Press Enter.
7. Select the desired region.
8. Press Enter to save the settings.