How do I set up Yahoo! Sync?
1. Configure which applications to sync
- Yahoo! Sync synchronizes Yahoo!:
- Yahoo! Sync can sync one way or two way.
2. Configure how often Yahoo! Sync will synchronize changes
- 2 – way, Changes you make to either Yahoo! calendar or Outlook Calendar will sync to the other side.
- 1 – way : From Outlook to Yahoo!, Outlook will be your source of truth. Any changes you make in Outlook will be synced to Yahoo! but changes made in Yahoo! will not sync to Outlook.
- 1 – way : From Yahoo! to Outlook, Yahoo! will be your source of truth. Any changes you make in Yahoo! will be synced to Outlook but changes made in Outlook will not sync to Yahoo!.
3. Yahoo ID and password
- Automatic sync ensures that your data stays up-to-date between Outlook and Yahoo at all times. It also ensures that you have fewer opportunities for data conflict. We strongly suggest that you enable Automatic sync by selecting Yes, then clicking Next. 30 or 60 minutes is the recommended interval.
- If the Manual Sync option is selected, Yahoo! Sync will only synchronize your data when you initiate it. Just click the orange Yahoo! Sync icon in the task bar at the bottom right of your screen and select “Sync Now”.
- Even if automatic sync is enabled, you can manually initiate a sync whenever you like. Just click the orange Yahoo! Sync icon in the task bar at the bottom right of your screen and select “Sync Now”.
- Click Next.
Before starting your very first sync, Yahoo! Sync will ask you for your Yahoo! username and password. Use the same username and password you would use when logging into other Yahoo! services. Remember that your username and password is case-sensitive. Enter your information carefully.
Outlook users: Outlook may be configured to ask for your username and password whenever Outlook is used. This step only applies to you if, when you open Outlook, you’re asked to enter a username and password. If this applies to you, enable auto-login on Outlook. Here’s how: go to the Windows “Control Panel” and double click “Mail”. Click “Show Profiles”. Select “Always use this profile” and select the profile you want to sync to.
Tip: Your username and password will be safely stored on your computer. We store your username and password in a secure format and will occasionally ask you to confirm the password for added security.
Once you click Finish, your first sync will automatically begin. You can tell when a sync is in progress because the orange icon in the bottom right corner of your computer will be spinning. If you have a lot of contact or calendar information the first sync can take a lot of time.