This Sound Blaster X-Fi Vista Installation CD is intended to support X-Fi products bought before a Vista installation CD was available in the box.
It supports the following models:
- SB X-Fi Xtreme Music (SB0460)
- SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer (SB0730/SB073A)
- SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Fatal1ty Professional Series (SB046A)
- SB X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS (SB0466/SB0256)
- SB X-Fi Platinum (SB0460/SB0251)
- SB X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series (SB046A/SB0256)
- SB X-Fi Elite Pro (SB0550/SB0510, SB055A/SB0510)
This CD does not support the Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio range (SB0790/SB0792).
This Sound Blaster X-Fi Vista Installation CD includes a full suite of drivers and applications:
- X-Fi Mode Consoles (Gaming/Entertainment/Audio Creation)
- Creative Mode Switcher
- Creative Audio Console
- THX Console
- Creative MediaSource 5
- Creative Smart Recorder 2
- Creative WaveStudio
- SoundFont Bank Manager
- Creative 3DMIDI Player
- Creative Diagnostics
- Creative Entertainment Center
For more information on how to obtain a copy of Sound Blaster X-Fi Vista Installation CD, please refer to our regional sites at www.europe.creative.com
Windows XP applications do not work with Windows Vista. When launched, it will display a message "The audio device supported by this application is not detected. The application will exit" even though your Sound Blaster card is working properly.
If you have installed any Windows XP applications for your Sound Blaster X-Fi card, it is recommended that you uninstall these (Windows XP) applications before installing the Sound Blaster X-Fi Vista Installation CD. To uninstall, go to Control Panel, and select Programs and Features, and then choose the applications that you need to uninstall.