Question about Dell 922 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Putting thick white lines in the middle of line of print
STEP: Disconnect and Reconnect the Printer Power Supply
Unplug the power cord from the wall socket.
Disconnect the power supply from the back of the printer.
Wait 15 seconds.
Reconnect the power supply to the back of the printer.
Plug the power cord back into the wall socket.
STEP: Perform a nozzle clean on the printer.
The following steps will guide you through running a nozzle clean on the 922 printer:
1. Press the Scan Button and the Up Button at the same time to enter diagnostic mode.
2. Use the Up Button or Down Button to navigate to Clean on the LCD and press Menu to begin the nozzle clean.
3. Check the nozzle clean printout and make sure that it is clear of defects and that all expected color bars exist on the page.
STEP: Clear NVRAM on the 922 Printer
Press the Scan Button and the Up Button at the same time to enter diagnostic mode
Use the Up Button or the Down Button to navigate to the option for Clear NVRAM on the LCD and press Menu to confirm.
Press Menu again when asked if you are sure.
Press Menu again when asked if you are really sure.
Ink Cartridge and Print Quality Issues on Inkjet Printer
STEP: Verify the Paper Settings and Change the Quality Level
1. Click the Start button, point to Control Panel, and then click the Printers and Other Hardware menu item.
2. Click the Printers and Faxes menu item.
3. Right-click the Dell AIO Printer Model Number icon, where Model Number is the model of the printer to troubleshoot.
4. Click the Properties menu and the Printing Preferences menu option.
5. Click the Quality/Copies tab.
6. Click the Paper Setup button.
7. Choose the appropriate paper type based on what is being used in the printer.
STEP: Verify the Printer Ink Levels
Quality problems are most often caused by low ink levels or one or more colors in the color cartridge being completely depleted. Perform the following steps to determine the current ink levels and to check for missing colors.
1. Click the Start button, point to All Programs, and then click Dell Printers.
2. Click the model number of your Dell printer.
3. Click Dell Printer Solution Center.
4. On the main window of the solution center you will see two ink tanks in the lower right hand corner. Verify that the ink cartridges are not empty
To ensure that the quality problem is not caused by one color missing print a test page and verify that the colors in the CMYK boxes appear correct. To do so, perform the following actions from the solution center window:
1. Click the Maintenance button on the left-hand side of the window.
2. Click Print Test Page.
3. Verify that the Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and blacK colors are printing without streaks.
Posted on Apr 22, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 29, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 25, 2008 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
Jun 10, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 22, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Oct 26, 2007 | Brother MFC 8500 All-In-One Laser Printer
242 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: