Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Please follow the instructions given below:
1. Disconnect the USB cable and the printer power cable.
2. Please disconnect the power supply from the back of the printer.
3. Then remove the cartridges from the printer.
4. Please reconnect the power supply back and turn on the printer.
5. If lights are blinking then printer encoder strip is most likely the problem. Unplug the power from the printer. Open the front cover and move the cartridge carrier to the center. You should see a white ribbon cable, a thin plastic strip and a black belt with teeth.
6. The thin plastic strip is the encoder strip. It rides in a sensor on the back of the cartridge carrier that you will not be able to see. Reach in with the first finger of either hand and carefully strum the strip as if playing a guitar.
7. The strip will need to be lowered slightly and brought towards you slightly. Please be careful not to break the strip or your printer will not function. Once you believe the strip is set correctly, plug the power back and let us know if the lights are still blinking.
8. If you cannot repair the strip, please let us know so that we can assist you further.
Please Note: Fixing the encoder strip is a delicate procedure. During the troubleshooting, if the strip breaks, you will not be able to use the printer. We will replace the printer, only if it is under warranty.
9. However, if lights are not blinking then try inserting one cartridge at a time and check if you can see any lights blinking. If light blinks with one cartridge then that cartridge is defective.
Posted on Apr 23, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 26, 2015 | Euro-Pro Ninja Nj600 1000 Watt Xl...
Jan 01, 2011 | Panasonic PT-53WX53 53" Rear Projection...
Mar 24, 2010 | Sony Grand WEGA KF-42SX300 42" LCD TV
Mar 18, 2010 | 2wire (1000-000057-000) Modem
Oct 12, 2009 | Philips Ambilight 2 52 in. Flat-Panel LCD...
Aug 17, 2008 | Sony KV-24FV12 24" TV
Jun 27, 2008 | Televison & Video
Jun 26, 2008 | Toshiba 46H84 46" Rear Projection...
Dec 19, 2007 | Panasonic CT-32SX31 32" TV
Dec 05, 2007 | Toshiba TP55G60 55" Rear Projection...
1,214 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!