Question about Dell Dimension 3100 PC Desktop
Cant display any webpages from my labtop
cycle the modem and router (turn-off the modem and router, and wait for 10-15
seconds before powering on the modem first, then wait for 3-4 solid lights
before you turn-on the router; check a website, or else
· bypass router (by directly connecting your computer to the modem)
· checked a website
· checked the IP address by clicking start button for winXP, click run and type cmd, on the c:> prompt type ipconfig then hit enter, get the IP: if the IP address starts with 169.254.x.x…the type ipconfig /renew…or else type first ipconfig /release, then type ipconfig /renew.
· If media is disconnected, check the modem cable that runs at the back of the computer, unplugged and plug it back, or try other cat 5/ modem cable.
· Check the device manager for network adapter (is properly working), by right click on my computer, click on properties, and click on hardware tab, and click hardware manager button, click the plus sign next network adapters, makes sure there is no markings such ? ! or X marks, or else install the device manager for the Ethernet card.
· Type Ping google.com, check if the it receives and sends packet, if it does, then check the browser…
· Check browser settings, delete cookies, temp files on general tab…(click on tools->internet options), click on the connections tab, the make sure it is “never dial a connection”, check the LAN settings, make sure that there is no marks or checks on the boxes..click ok. Click on the advanced tab, click on the button “restore defaults”. Hit apply and ok. Close the browser, and open it up again and check for online website.
· Once connected, install back the router, if the there is no website shown, please your router brand support line for the reconfiguration of the router.
Posted on May 02, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 06, 2014 | Gateway Computers & Internet
Oct 29, 2010 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium...
Jun 24, 2009 | HP Laptop Keyboard for HP Pavilion DV6000...
Apr 26, 2009 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Mar 04, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with...
Dec 09, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with...
Sep 23, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with...
Jul 24, 2008 | Computers & Internet
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: