a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Make sure your router's WAN port is set to dynamic IP. If the light on the front doesn't glow/blink for the WAN port, try a different cable. If a different cable doesn't work it's probably toast. :( This problem appears to be directly linked to the relationship between the WAN port and the modem. Given that the devices can connect to the router, but not internet, it has to be the WAN. Sometimes if the modem goes out it will send too much voltage through to the router and fry the WAN. Had that happen to my parents router. If the above doesn't "fix ya" then try a different router.
Worst case, you might have to put a wireless card in your PC and bridge the modem (wired connection) to the wireless card and broadcast for your wireless devices. At least until you get a new router.
what type of connection you have just try to connect the WAN port of Ethernet cable if u use this cable directly to connect your laptop to internet after that connect to router via wireless it will give you an option to configure the ssid and password for your WiFi follow instruction then you done u don't need to use CD for installation .other old method is to connect your computer to any port of linksys Router E2000 "not WAN " in the browser type 192.168.1.1 then enter put admin for both password and username go to setup make sure DHCP enabled WAN connection should be dHCP as well go to wireless choose manual then enter any name u like for your wireless go to security TAP under wireless then choose manual and the choose enable ,,,, encryption WPA2 enter any password you like save the configuration reboot the router make sure WAN port connected to your main internet it is ready to use should you need any help please contact me on my blog http://computernetworksupportindubai.com/
I believe that you are trying to get connected wireless using your Edimax Router, we may need to check some settings in your Edimax regarding the wan light not lit up and could be a possible reason why there is no internet connection.
1. First we will need to find an Ethernet cable for us to be able to connect your Laptop directly to your Edimax Router for us to be able to check and change any settings needed to enable your Edimax wireless connection. also make sure that the Ethernet cable is connected to the Ethernet ports behind the Router not the WAN port then the other end goes directly to your Router.
2. Once connected directly to your router from the Laptop open IE or any Browsers on your Laptop, in the Address bar type in 192.168.2.1 then press Enter this will prompt for a user name and password, User Name will be ' admin ' and the password should be 1234 unless you changed it.
3. Inside the Edimax setting page click on the Tab that says Wireless, check and see if the wireless is enabled if not then enable it or turn it on, after enabling / turning the Route ON save the settings by clicking on Apply or Save then it will prompt that the Router is restarting it will be 30 seconds to apply once the 30 seconds is up that should be done check your Edimax if the WAN light is already lit up, then you can try an connect Wireless from your Laptop.
1. Unplug the power from the Modem to the Router2. Plugin back the power into the Modem and wait 60 sec..3. Plugin back the power for the Router wait 60 sec..4. Plugin a lan cord from the router to the first wired PC5. See if you can get on the internet 6. Login to the Router and see if the Connection to the WAN is started? 7. If not started then unplug the wired lan cable and reset the router wait 30 secs to 45 secs before unplug the power then plug the power in again. Then connect the lan cable then connect to the GUI for WEB. Make your See if it connects to the WAN. 8. Test the Network WAN -Internet and LAN - Home Network. Take care
If you have trouble connecting to your modem, you may need to lock the
speed down on the WAN port of your router to 10Mbps. Within the
web-based configuration utility for the router, go to Tools > Misc
and the option to select the WAN speed will be towards the bottom. Not
all routers have this option.
Follow the steps configuring the router once again...
Step 1 Log into the web-based configuration by typing in
the IP address of the router (default:192.168.0.1) in your web browser.
The username is admin (all lowercase) and the password is blank
Note:The address 192.168.0.1 is NOT on the Internet. The web-based configuration is built-in to the router.
Step 2 Click the Setup tab and then click the Internet button.
Dynamic IP Address is the default value, however, if Dynamic IP Address
is not selected as the WAN type, select Dynamic IP Address from the
drop down menu. Click Clone Mac Address. Click on Save Settings to save
Step 4 Click on Status. Under WAN, Click DHCP Renew. If it does not get an IP address or times out, then continue with the next step.
Step 5 Power cycle the cable modem and router using the following steps:
Turn the cable modem off (first)
Turn the router off
Leave them off for 2 minutes**
Turn the cable modem on (first)
Wait until you get a solid cable light on the cable modem
Turn the router on
Wait 30 seconds ..
Step 6 Follow Step 1 again to log back into the
web configuration. Click the Status tab and click the Device Info
button. If you do not already have a public IP address under the WAN
heading, click on the DHCP Renew button.
1.) Have you setup the router for use on cable modem?
2.) Run Your Setup utility that came on the CD for the router. And select Dynamic under the WAN settings unless you have a static IP address.
3.) If you do not have the CD to access the setup use IE Browser type 192.168.1.1. Select WAN settings and then Dynamic from the list. 4.) Make sure your computers are using the router and not the cable modem. Reboot your PC's and verify they work if they don't open the internet connections and view the gateway is 192.168.1.1?
You have a lot of different things going on here.
First, your provider is AT&T so you have ADSL service.
Comcast supplies their service over cable.
AT&T should have provided you with an ADSL modem that is connected to a phone wire. Normally another cable (ethernet, patch, RJ45, Cat5) connects the modem to the network card in your computer.
I don't know what model of router you have but there are 2 possiblities as to type. It can be a regular wireless router or it can actually be a cable modem with a built-in router.
If this is a normal router it will have a port labelled either Internet or Wan (normally, some companies do strange things), you should connect the cable from the ADSL modem to this port.
If it does not have a Internet or Wan port but has a round screw type cable connection, you have no way to connect this to the DSL modem and it will not work for you unless you switch to a cable provider. Even the it may not work because some providers check the MAC address of the unit and will not issue it an IP address unless it matches the one in their files.
Ok, lets say this is a normal wireless router. You have the phone line going to the ADSL modem and then a Cat5 cable going to the Wan port of the router, you are not out of the woods yet because most desktops do not come with wireless hardware. You need to get a Wireless PCI card and install it or if you prefer they also come in USB.
Done? Probably not. If this was a used router it was probably configured at one time and you will not be able to connect to it unless you happen to know the security key. This means you will have to reset the router back to factory default and configure it from scratch. Of course you could luck out and security was never configured for this router but you should still configure it unless you want everybody within range to be able to connect to your router and possibly your computer.
If after this long winded explaination you still want to do this, get back to me with the specific make and model of the router and what operating system you are using and we can go from there.
first of all u need to install a wireless driver.. create a wireless connection.. u need to have a wireless router or a wireless lan access point for getting connected.. once if the connection occurs u can connect WAN
If no wan light bypass the dlink router and check if ethernet cable connected to wan port is working. Once you are able to go online through modem connect cable to WAN if light does not go on log into oruter and clone mac address and save settings.If doesnt work powercycle router and turn modem on first then router next if doesnt work upload latest firmware.