Question about Black & Decker 14" Grass Hog Xp Trimmer/Edger
I just got out my Black & Decker GH600 trimmer for the first time this year. The cap fits fine without the spool, however, when I put the spool in, with or without line, it doesn't fit tight and pops off as soon as I turn it on. The white plastic guide is in tact as far as I can tell, it moves freely.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have GH700 model with the same problem. I changed the line from a smooth round .065" to a star-shaped .065" (Rino-Tuff from Home Depot online) solved the problem. The manual advice was bunk. Shaped lines have fixed this problem with other electric trimmers, and I've been told that Walmart carries one.
Posted on Sep 13, 2009
SOURCE: lawn trimmer eating line
Just replace the LEVER, Item #29, Part #598435-00, for about $3.00. Pull old level straight out with pliers, end expands to hold lever in position. Just push replacement straight in, no other parts.
Posted on Aug 14, 2010
It sounds like that the automatic line release is damaged.
1. Remove and clean all debris from the head. I assume that you have already done this if you have changed the line a few times, but just make sure.
2. Remove the the head from the shaft.
3. There should be a large spring in there. If its broken, damaged or missing that will allow the head to spool line pretty fast. again make sure all debris is removed from this area.
4. Check the feed dogs in the same area as the spring. If they are worn the same problem will occur.
5. Install line on the spool.Make sure that it is wound the proper direction. There should be arrows indicating this. The line wound in reverse will also cause the same problem as well.
6. Put it all back together and see if works now.
7. If this doesn't solve it you may need to replace the head assembly.
Posted on Jul 02, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 02, 2011 | Black & Decker Black and Decker & Grass...
Sep 14, 2010 | Black & Decker 14" Grass Hog Xp...
Jul 31, 2010 | Black & Decker String Trimmer Cordless 12"...
Aug 24, 2009 | Black & Decker 14" Grass Hog Xp...
Sep 22, 2008 | Garden
Jun 24, 2008 | Black & Decker String Trimmer Cordless 12"...
281 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: