My Brandnew Toshiba L305 doesnt detect my DVD drive
My Brandnew Toshiba L305 doesnt detect my DVD drive anymore after I un-installed Nero 6 which i ihave installed a while ago, I think there has been a driver program mix up in its system because I intalled a different driver and jammed the original Driver of the notebook.How can i recover/bring back my DVD control and Icon back again. Because the DVDRW icon in the Computer vanished abd everytime i place a cd/dvd in the DVDRW drive it doesnt respond
Pls help thanks
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You need a program, like nero. if that doesn't work then put a DVD in the drive & see if the computer picks it up in the my computer. the first thing that goes in a CD/DVD-RW drive is the DVD heads, thats if your drive is a CD/DVD-RW. Have a look on the front of the drive tray, if it say CD-RW DVD ROM then it doesn't burn DVD's it only plays them.
try re-installing your burning software ( nero-Roxio et,c )
Does it play a standard Music/Audio CD.
if not un-install and re-install the drive.
Are the cables to the drive connected correctly ?
Does the drive support CD+ And CD- media ?
Are the cds definately Blank, any small amount of data written to them, after failed burn attempts will not show the disk as being empty.
hello , friend its very easy to do that, steps are
1. insert bootable cd/dvd xp prof. cd.
2. But be cautious because the xp profsn doesnt contain the drivers for ata hard disk. so pls find on net the drivers for ata hard disk drivers, also update it in bootable xp profsnl dvd . recreate bootable dvd of xp with advanced bootable xp,
3. or find it from your friend with latest updates requirement. and do from it.
4. Boot from tht cd and start the installation.
5. once it i completed install all video, audio e.tc. drivers.
6. if you dont have that drivers pls download it from toshiba site by entering the toshiba serial no
1. Your laptop cd/dvd drive have what capability:
- cd writer = only burn cd
- cd writer/dvd reader(combo) = still only burn cd
- dvd writer = can burn cd, dvd single layer(4GB)
- dvd DL writer = can burn cd and dvd single 4GB and dual layer 8GB.
Other than those, is not possible.
2. Must have burn apps named:
- Alcohol 120%
- other. search internet.
If you have them then using the apps to burn, just read the manual.
Koam114 is in Korean. I don't understand :)
But If you want songs from website, you should download it first.
Unless the site is giving you a step by step how to burn songs directly to your cd/dvd.
Once downloaded, would be easier to burn to cd/dvd.
First I would go to the Control Panel > System > Hardware > device manager. There go to cd-dvd drives and right click on the cd drive and then click un-install. Restart your unit then test it,
If that does not work, I would un-install InCD, then re-install it. On Nero's website there a un-installers for Nero and InCD. If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it. Thanks, Joe
try updating the driver for your player that supports windows vista. if the player is not detected in your vista but detected in your bios try updating your bios as well. or you can try to do a system restore by going to start all programs accessories system restore. choose a date which you believe your player to work fine.