Question about American Standard Reliant+ 4 In. Single Handle Bath Faucet with Drain - Chr

1 Answer

American Standard single handle faucet

Have a very old American Standard single handle faucet in bathtub. Unable to get locking pin out - Need best tips on how to do so. (FYI - I'm guessing on the product name - it's chrome with squarish handle...again, at least 25 yrs old.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Expert
  • 297 Answers

If it is 25 yrs old it might be to your favor to just replace the for something this old may be hard to find good luck.

Posted on Jul 29, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Double faucets cartridge replaced still drips

My best advice
is to believe everything you just experienced...
(Perhaps an UNSEEN flaw in the "MONOBLOCK")

Buy the replacement faucet... shop around:
I spotted it on eBay... (number not close...)
((but still reasonably priced)).

American Standard 1480 101 002 Seva Single Control Lavatory Faucet with...

Also went to eFaucets (but their site was stunned
(normally GOOD resource... ))

eBay (concierge... buyer protected... FREE ship'n)
American Standard 1480 150 002 Seva Monoblock Single Lever Handle Lavatory...

Save the old one (parts)and DIAGNOSE
it in your SPARE TIME...

Hope this helps

Carnac the Magnificent

Oct 19, 2017 | American Standard - Lavatory Faucet -...

1 Answer

How to fix a dripping faucet?American Standard single lever handle.

Hello. These faucets use a replaceable cartridge valve and when they drip they're ready for replacement. Remove the handle by loosening a small screw ,usually with an allen wrench, and maybe another nut under it.The cartridge should pull out but mat be stubborn. Take the valve with you when you go shopping there are many variations.

Jan 22, 2010 | American Standard - Lavatory Faucet -...

2 Answers

Kitchen faucet single handle pull-out. The base of

I have the same problem with an American Standard Reliant Kitchen Faucet that wont swivel anymore. I called American Standard and they are sending me the replacement parts to fix it free of charge, I have had mine 6-7 years and they said it was under warranty. Call 800-442-1902. Good Luck

Jan 09, 2010 | American Standard Kitchen Faucet 6310 020...

1 Answer

I have a very old three-handled tub faucet. Handles must be cranked very hard to shut off water. Can I just replace handles or is there more behind the wall that must be addressed as well? It is not...

the handles themselves are not the problem but if you remove the handles then there are usually nuts behind them to pull out the valve out of the body. most tub faucets use either orings or rubber washers to seal it. without knowing exact brand and model is hard to tell you exactly what you are dealing with. some brands sell the whole valve to just swap out and some you have to go match up the orings or washers.

May 19, 2009 | American Standard 2083.102 Standard...

1 Answer

Kichen Sink Side Sparyer sticks open

The diverter in the main body of the faucet is sticking. I have included a link to all the kitchen faucets. You will have to determine which one you have but they pretty much use the same housings and guts for each of their single handle faucets. You might have to do a little research on your end so you can find info on how to replace the diverter. It's usually not hard to do.

Apr 10, 2009 | American Standard 2083.102 Standard...

1 Answer

Handle stuck; How descale w/o ruining chrome finish

WD-40 will not harm the chrome but it you have liquid wrench, it would be better lubricant as WD 40 chemicals are actually a cleaner.

A descaler you need to be careful here. Lime-away or CLR is a popular choice but you need to read the label on chome products.

Jan 25, 2009 | American Standard Collection 4241.002...

Not finding what you are looking for?
American Standard Reliant+ 4 In. Single Handle Bath Faucet with Drain - Chr Logo

Related Topics:

147 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top American Standard Plumbing Experts

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

659 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

12650 Answers


Level 1 Expert

23 Answers

Are you an American Standard Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides