First of all, a temporary solution is for you to use a earpiece. You plug it on your phone and you will be able to hear the callers clearly.
If your phones main speaker is working, then it is the earpiece speaker that is bad. All you have to do is to replace the speaker with a new one. There are two speakers on this phone, one in front, which is the part where you get to listen to your callers from, then another speaker that plays your audio files and receive your calls on speaker mode.
To disassemble the phone, follow the steps below:
- Remove your back cover, battery, sim and memory card. Six screws
need to be removed,
- Run something like a credit card around the join of the battery
compartment to release it from the rest of the phone.
- Now remove the two screws and you'll be able to lift away
the metal plate with the identification sticker on.
- A ribbon connector needs to be
detached. This attaches like a plug and socket. Just
lever it up to unplug. You can now lift the circuit board away from the
rest of the phone.
- Remove the eight screws you can see. These screws hold the slide part in
- You can now lift the slide part away from the rest of the phone. Four screws now need to be removed. The two on the left are
covered with black stickers which can be easily removed.
- Now run your plastic tool all the way round the join of the front
cover in order to release it.
- Three ribbons need to be
disconnected. The two left and right attach like a plug and
socket. Just lever each up to unplug. The ribbon in the middle has a
different connection. To release it just flick the black latch up and
pull the ribbon cable away from its socket. You can now lever the LCD
screen out of the front cover.
- Then you see the earpiece and where it is connected to, just disconnect it, replace it with a new one, then you reverse the process to reassemble the phone back together.
Take care and good luck.
NB: When making a call, do not put it on speaker yet, then you increase the volume from the side of the phone where you have the volume button. If you do not hear the person calling you, then you replace the earpiece with the steps above.