I recently asked SBC to reset my password. Upon resetting my password, they asked me to personalize my new password for my router within two days. I do not know how to change my password for my router, can you please help me?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 10,000 points.
Re: Re: Password change
The below steps are assuming that your router is at default settings, you are connected to your router (preferably by LAN), you can ping your router.
1. Open a browser (IE or Mozilla);
2. in the address bar type "192.168.1.1", enter;
3. on both username and password type ?admin?, OK;
4. in Quick Setup, select Step 1, Next;
5. in Password type your "New Password";
6. in Verify Password type again your "New Password", Exit;
7. Save Settings; and
8. restart router.
All other configurations should remain as-is.
Hope this be of some help/idea. Post back how things turned out or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This person asked you for the password folks . Why cant you listen? Vizio routers come with preset passwords None of the garbage you offered helped this person . I have been through this. Vizio has a problem. When you by the router it comes with three passwords. Here is the one that I have and works on my mine I have lost the other two. I,m sorry. But here is one. Good Luck 1355621226. No period just the numbers in that sequence.
If you have forgotten your password you can reset the router to its factory state and setup a new password for it. Resetting the router will wiped out all changes that have been saved. To reset the router, look for the small hole at the back of it. Press and hold it for 10-15 seconds using a Pen or Paperclip. Then access the router settings page so that you can personalize the settings.
For you to access your router you need a working computer that is connected to the router and open a browser type 192.168.1.1 to he address bar and it will ask you for a username and password. The default username is "leave it blank" and the default password is admin.
The person that setup the wireless router also set a password. You would need to ask the person that set it up. If you have the router in front of you, There is a reset switch on the wireless router. Look for the reset switch and reset it. Your wireless router will become unsecure which will give you internet access. Resort to your user manual for the default IP address tha you need to use to setup the wireless router.
forgot which password A)the pw to access the router's settings B)the key to connect to the router from wireless device C)the pw to connect to the internet (anywhere past the router) IF A) then when you are asked to enter your password if you forgot your password. click it, now it will display a hint, and also an option to click if you still can't remember... Just keep doing this until it asks you to reset the pw by 1st entering the network key located on the bottom of the router
If B) on the bottom of the router there should be three rows of numbers
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx > xxxxxxxxxxxxx < xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the middle row should be a ten digit number this is your access key.
if C) the pw is the same as the pw for your at&t or sbc email address (which is the login) if you don't know what it is you wil need to call thier tech support to have the password reset. if this is the case BE VERY CLEAR THAT YOU CAN CONNECT TO THE ROUTER or they will ask you to do a bunch of **** to trouble shoot that connection before thier script leads them to this point.
Hi there. There's a reset button at the back of the router. Press it for 10 seconds and your router will go back to its facroty settings. You will be able to connect to your router without any password. You just need to set a new password upon accessing the router's GUI ot graphical user's interface.
Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your email. To clarify are you just not able to log into it. If this is the case you will need to contact SBC or AT&T to reset your password.
Note I was not an SBC customer when the merger happened so I do not know how this effected your email directly. It is possible that you may need to get an new email address. I have some friend that still have their SBC emails.
Let me know if you have any more problems or quesrtions.
Depends upon the make and model of your router.
Some routers have a reset button on the back of the router, power up the router and press the reset button for several secs. and the router will be reset to the factory defaults, login and password.
Reset the both routers in order to go to the factory default setting. BELKIN (192.168.2.1) normally has no user name or password. So just hit enter. Linksys (192.168.1.1) User Name: admin Pass Word: admin You can always change the user name and password Good Luck!
* You have a new router, and cannot get online to the Internet.
* The Setupwizard will detect dynamic IP even though you have a PPoE connection. (Going to router status on the administration page, there is a private IP address on Internet port. 192.168.x.x range.)
The SBC DSL modem SpeedStream 5100b, used on new DSL and Yahoo SBC DSL installations since Feb. 2004, causes the NETGEAR router Setup Wizards to fail, and prevents routers from connecting to the Internet. This problem affects many router brands.
The modem can be distinguished from the earlier 5100 by a 5th light labeled "Internet".
The SpeedStream 5100b's default configuration is "PPPoE on the Modem" ? matching a built-in PPPoE client convenience feature that sends login ID and password to SBC.
To Work Around These Issues, Configure the Modem for Bridged Mode
Note: In Bridge Mode you cannot to connect to the modem's configuration menu, except by resetting it as described below.
1. Disconnect the router from your network, and connect the computer directly to the SpeedStream modem
2. Open an Internet browser.
3. Type 192.168.0.1 in the browser address field and click Enter. The modem displays a configuration menu.
4. Click Advanced.
5. Enter the "Access Code" printed on the bottom of the modem.
6. Click PPP Location. The PPP Location screen appears.
7. Select Bridged Mode (PPPoE is Not Used).
8. Click Save Changes.
9. Connect the router between the computer and the modem.
10. Power off the modem.
11. Power off the computer.
12. Connect the Internet port of the NETGEAR router to the Ethernet port of the modem.
13. Connect the computer to a LAN port on the NETGEAR router.
14. Power on the modem and wait for 2 minutes. Don't go to the next step until this is finished.
15. Power on the router and wait for 1 minute. Don't go to the next step until this is finished.
16. Power on the computer.
17. Log in to the router by typing 192.168.0.1 in your browser.
18. When prompted, using lowercase letters, type admin for the user name, and password for the password. Some older routers use 1234 for the default password. If you forgot your router password see http://www.fixya.com/ThreadView.aspx?thid=102081&prdid=252188
19. Use the Setup Wizard to connect to the Internet.
To Reset the Modem To Enable Access to the Configuration Screen
1. Disconnect the computer from the modem.
2. Power off the modem.
3. Power off the computer.
4. Connect the Ethernet port of the modem to the computer Ethernet port.
5. Power on the modem and wait for 2 minutes. Don't go to the next step until this is finished.
6. Power on the router and wait for 1 minute. Don't go to the next step until this is finished.
7. Power on the computer.
8. Open an Internet browser.
9. Type 192.168.0.1 in the browser address field and click Enter. The modem displays a configuration menu.
10. Click Advanced.
11. Enter the "Access Code" printed on the bottom of the modem.
12. Click PPP Location. The PPP Location screen appears.
13. Select PPPoE on the modem.
14. Click Save Changes.
15. At the login screen type in your SBC member ID and password (which is usually the primary email address on the SBC DSL account and the password for the primary email address).
16. Click Connect.
* If successful, a screen appears reading "You Are Connected", and the Internet light goes solid green.
* An error will display if the username or password is invalid.
* If there are other problems the message "The DSL connection is down" appears.