When i got in the pool my phone got wet................
I was playin with my friends and i jumped into the pool.i'd say i was in there for like 2-4 min when my friend said,"i forgot my phone". i got out of the pool and i tried to turn it on. nothing worked and it was all black. its been drying in the sun for 2 hrs now. what should i do?
its a motorolla razor. i got it from sprint. it was 2 weeks before 2008 summer when i got it from sprint.
Sir, you can put it in rice if you want it but the best solution is to open up the phone both sides and clean it or dry it. If you try to charge it or turn it on you will toast it. Hope this would help.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Brace yourself as it may be bricked. Take out the battery if it is still in, and place the phone in a packet of rice, just under the surface but not at the bottom (dust). Seal the packet and leave it for 2-3 days.
In future, the thing to do is to whip the battery out as fast as possible from a wet i-thing, and then dry it off and proceed as above.
When phone gets wet NEVER try to turn it on. Take battery out right away shake water off and put both in bowl of rice for at least 24 hrs. If your not home or don't have rice right away take battery out and get some. We have a bowl of rice on the counter all summer long for those who jump in the pool with phone in their pocket. I have washed them dropped them in the toilet my son jumped in pool with his phone, put it rice for 24 hrs and we were up and running with the exception of the one in the pool, that one cost me new battery on Ebay ($4.95) but phone worked fine, didn't even lose contacts or pictures. But the key is to NOT try to turn it on after its been wet. Water and batteries don't mix.
I forget my LG Vu (CU920) was in my pocket and I jumped in the pool. I was in the pool for about 10 minutes before I realized. It was full of water. I took the battery out as soon as I realized it. HERES HOW I FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!
Step 1- I took it home, removed the screws on the back panel, and removed it. Now the entire back casing was off.
Step 2- I put the phone and battery (separate) in a bowl of uncooked rice. Sounds crazy but this absorbs all of the water. I left it in there for 2 days.
Step 3- After 2 days, I put the battery back in and everything turned on. Only problem was there was a big bubble in my LCD screen. I then took the phone apart further by popping of the front casing of the phone. I then try to get underneath the LCD to air it out, but I accidentally broke the LCD screen (inside the phone...not plastic outer screen).
Step 4- I went online and purchased a new LCD screen for around $40 from a cel phone parts website. I got it and installed it which was not too hard. You just have to remove all the visible screws (i believe there are 6) from the back side. Then pop off the front cover and the rest is pretty obvious.
Step 5- Put it all back together and it all worked again!
Step 6- My battery soon died after of all this...Im guessing from the water damage. I bought a new one online for around 20 bucks. Now the phone is good as new.
All in all spent 60 bucks and revived the Vu from water damage!!!!!!!!!
You can take the battery out and let the phone and the battery sit out in the sun. One of my friend's accidently washed their phone the first day they got it and then did this and it worked only their speakerphone didn't work. This means, ringtones, music, and other things like that wouldn't work. She could still call people though.
Did you try taking out the battery and letting it dry. Depending on how wet it got, your battery may need to dry out or the phone is damaged. My friend dropped his in the shower, took 2 days for the battery to dry out and it was fine.