Question about Lands Phones
Uniden wireless phone TRU 8885: I have this phone for two years. It worked quite well. Yesterday, I try to add one more handset to this phone with the following steps. All my handsets say, "Out of range". (1) pull out power from the base phone; (2) hold "flash/find hs" button and put power plug back. Would you know how to fix this problem? Thanks a lot in advance.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I successfully reset uniden TCX800 handset by reconnecting the battery while holding the '*' and '#' key, then press the right upper soft key near LCD.
Posted on Feb 24, 2008
SOURCE: Tru 9496
1. First, remove the battery cover on your unregistered TCX905 and look under the battery to confirm that you indeed purchased a TCX905 because some Uniden handsets were packaged as 905's but were not.
2. Take the fully charged unregistered 905 to the base unit TRU9496.
3. On the TRU 9496 base unit press "Menu" then select "Registration" and press OK
4. You should get the message "press the # key on the remote handset".
5. Depress the "#" key on the unregistered 905 and it should register.
Posted on Sep 29, 2008
As soon as your message starts, enter 0 and your pin (w/in 2 seconds). Then follow prompts. More specifics, see your telephone manual - you can go to www.retrevo.com/support/uniden-tru8885-2
See pg 64-65 and if you need to set pin, pg 25. Be blessed.
Posted on Feb 12, 2009
SOURCE: Uniden handset doesn't work
If you replaced it with a working new battery pack. You can test it in another phone. The Battery pins on the phone board could have a poor connection which requires soldering.
Posted on May 04, 2009
SOURCE: ADDING HANDSET SAYS OUT OF RANGE
A search of Uniden support only said to call 1-800-297-1023 with handset registration issues. The rep picked up quickly and walked me through the reset procedure. Here it is step-by-step:
1. Remove battery
2. Hold down the * and # buttons and reinsert battery. You should hear a long beep. If not retry. (This is a bit awkward but hold the handset upside down and it's workable)
3. Screen will be blank. Immediately press the right soft menu button.
4. Screen will report that EEPROM is clearing and then state EEPROM Clear Ok
5. Remove battery (yes again)
6. Reinsert battery (this time there's no need to hold down any buttons)
7. Handset will reboot with Welcome screen and then state that phone must be registered (this is the status a handset should be in from the factory)
8. Place handset on base and it will register as normal
Posted on Oct 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 05, 2010 | Uniden TRU8885 Digital Answering Machine
Aug 23, 2009 | Uniden TRU8885 Digital Answering Machine
Jun 20, 2009 | Uniden TRU 4485-2 Cordless Phone...
Jun 05, 2009 | Uniden TRU8865-2 Expandable System...
May 24, 2009 | Uniden TRU8885-2 Cordless Phone
Aug 07, 2008 | Uniden TCX905 Cordless Accessory Handset...
Jun 23, 2008 | Uniden Cordless Phone
Jun 19, 2008 | Uniden Tru-Digital Expansion Waterproof...
Oct 24, 2017 | Lands Phones
Oct 23, 2017 | Nortel Lands Phones
339 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!