Question about RCA 13R400TD 13" TV

3 Answers

Missing vertical deflection on philips TV

I am an eletronics engineer with some experience in TV repair. I have problems with TDA 8362B IC which doesn't have vertical deflection output. The IC has been replaced by a new one but no change. The sawtooth can be seen on an oscilloscope. The tv shows an horizontal line only. Thanks for yor help.

Posted by on

3 Answers

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • RCA Master
  • 1,187 Answers
Re: missing vertical deflection on philips TV

I don't know the model# But can supply you with an idea. If it is the L04.1Uaa chassis. Rarely two smds 2461 and 2462 go bad. Located at base of q7455 and q7456. Take it for what its worth, its a shot in the dark. Leave the light on!

Posted on Jul 24, 2009

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that has over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 67 Answers
Re: missing vertical deflection on philips TV

Check resestor 3413 val. 1.5 ohms or 3440 val. .1 ohms or 3457 val. .22 ohms beside the flybck ok guly

Posted on Sep 24, 2007

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 500 questions.

  • Expert
  • 556 Answers
Re: missing vertical deflection on philips TV

TDA 8362B IC which have vertical freq.output is at pin no.43. (vert.osc) caution for fixing this problem minimise brightness to avoid crt burn. proceed as follows 1 if you are getting sawtooth at output of ic tda 8362 pin 43 then check 1 supply at vertical output ic from eht. 2 yoke connector loose . 3 check vertical output ic parts. 4 finally vertical ic. please check for normal output from power supply even though fault gets rectified just for protection. good luck.

Posted on Sep 23, 2007

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer

In lg tv using cp 79a chassis eax35112303(4)picture comes only top on the portion aproxemately 4" remaining portion of the crt blank

Check and replace the vertical scan output IC. Check the vertical scan winding of the deflection yoke for open circuit.
If you wish to get some details; check the site linked here. Pull up older posts. Surf the site with patience.

Feb 17, 2015 | LG Standard (CRT) Televisions

1 Answer

No Picture

4 flashed on that model mean a vertical deflection trouble.
Look for solder on it. IC 541 TDA 8172.

Apr 22, 2010 | Sony KV-27S66 27" TV

2 Answers

H line problem

I think you are describing 'no vertical deflection.' If all you have on the screen is a single horizontal line, the vertical deflection circuit (or IC) has died. Unless you have service documentation on hand, I can't give a part number to replace but this is typically not an expensive failure and if the set was OK before, it is worth having repaired.

Jul 05, 2009 | Sansui 27" TV

1 Answer


Your looking for a 9 pin IC that one there is for the stereo decoder. Solder the one you found near where it said vertical deflection as the IC will be near that section of the board

Jun 01, 2008 | Philips Magnavox 27MS343S 27" TV

1 Answer



My version is :
For safety reason you should replaced them ( Horizontal ic,Vertical ic, Deflection ic) and olso all the big capasitor nearest the ic....that's my version....if you have big budget for it....he..he....


Dec 27, 2007 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-36XBR800 36" TV

1 Answer


A line across the screen means a loss of vertical sweep. This could be as simple as an IC or as difficult as a deflection yoke. These are not do it yourself repairs.

Nov 30, 2007 | Philips Magnavox TP3285C 32" TV

4 Answers

Horizontal line in the middle of the television

From your description of the problem, there seems to be a Cold solder in the Vertical Oscillator or Deflection Coil circuits.
If you know Solid State electronics, and are good with a soldering Iron, sure u can do this yourself.
U gotta trace the Vertical section components and locate the cold solder. In most cases it will be a loose connector from the Deflection coil to the main PCB.Also check for the soldering of the Vertical output IC.

Oct 19, 2007 | Philips Magnavox 27MS343S 27" TV

2 Answers

Not ready to buy a new tv

That means that you have a vertical circuit fault. I'm afraid this repair is going to involve getting a service manual, using a mutimeter and troubleshooting the vertical driv as well as the vertical output circuit my friend. It should not cost more then I would say $125.00 or so. but you can replace this set for about 190 bucks. These sets are solid state and have no user replaceable parts inside of them, so if you have no TV repair experience, play it safe and take the TV set into a repair center for an estimate. Good Luck

Jun 07, 2007 | Sylvania 6427TE 27" TV

2 Answers

20 inch T.V.

You have a bad vertical output IC, or the sweep power supply that drives the IC is bad. Your going to need the service schematic diagram and the know how to fix solid state electronics.

Sep 01, 2006 | Durabrand DWT1905 TV

1 Answer

Philips 28PW6332 28" TV

Simple problem. In all likelihood, The Vertical Output IC has failed. It will be TDA 8177. Replace. Or, it could also be that the Supply to that IC has failed. Unless you are competent in Solid State repairs, do not try this by yourself. get a professional Technician to have a look.IC should not cost more than 15-20$ pluch Tecnician fees.

Aug 21, 2006 | Philips 28PW6506 28" TV

Not finding what you are looking for?
RCA 13R400TD 13" TV Logo

Related Topics:

205 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Standard (CRT) Televisions Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

66352 Answers

John mullen

Level 2 Expert

229 Answers


Level 3 Expert

2963 Answers

Are you a RCA Standard (CRT) Television Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides