Question about HP PSC 2175 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Follow the steps below to perform basic print quality troubleshooting.
1. Check your paper and verify that the all-in-one has clean, white, inkjet-rated or multipurpose paper in it. In many cases copier grade papers or paper specifically for Laser printers should NOT be used. These papers are frequently coated and are not intended for dye-based inks. The paper container should also have a brightness and weight listed on it. Generally speaking, the brighter and heavier the paper, the better the printout will look. HP recommends papers with at least 90 brightness and 75 g/m2 (20 pound) ratings.
2. Verify that the all-in-one is on a firm surface that fully supports its weight and does not move as the all-in-one prints. If the all-in-one is placed on a desk or other surface that is free to move or shake as the all-in-one prints, the printout will not look as good as it should.
3. Refilled or remanufactured print cartridges will often produce inferior results. HP will not support any print problems that result from the use of remanufactured and refilled print cartridges since their quality is not in HP's control. If you are using refilled or remanufactured print cartridges, replace them with a new HP print cartridge.
4. Print a self-test page from the all-in-one to verify that the all-in-one is working correctly. If the self-test prints correctly, go to Step 3. If the page does not print correctly, verify that the ink cartridges have ink in them. Then, unplug the power cord from the all-in-one, wait five seconds, and plug it back in. Contact HP for assistance if a self-test page still will not print. To print a self-test page, follow the step below:
5. Press SETUP (or MENU ) until " Print Report " displays, then press ENTER .
6. Examine the self-test page printed by your all-in-one.
i. If the colors are correct and the text is sharp and clear on the self-test page, the problem is not the all-in-one or the print cartridges. The problem is the print settings, the file being printed, or the program you are printing from. Continue to step 7 below.
ii. If the colors on the demo page are not correct or are missing, review HP document Printed Pages Are Missing One or More Colors but No Error Message Appears (buu02176) (in English).
iii.If the printout is not sharp or clear, skip the remaining steps in this section and review the remaining information in this document.
7. Try printing the document again but try changing the print settings by following these steps:
1. Within the application you are trying to print from, click File and then click Print . This will bring up the print screen.
2. Verify that the correct printer is selected and then click Properties .
3. On the Quality tab, verify that the correct paper type is selected, and then change the Print Quality setting to Best . Verify the settings on the remaining tabs are correct and then click OK .
4. Print the file you were trying to print again.
i. If the problem is corrected, the problem was the print settings. There is no need to continue troubleshooting.
ii.If the problem still exists, try printing on different paper.
8. Print a different file or image. If you have a file that printed well in the past, try printing that file. Low quality originals will not print very well. Screen captures and images from the internet are often at around 75 dpi. These images are at too low of a resolution to print well. If the self-test page looks good but your image does not, even after changing the print settings, the problem may be the original file. Cheers!!
Posted on Apr 21, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 24, 2013 | Cameras
Oct 11, 2011 | HP LaserJet 1320 Printer
Jun 05, 2010 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium...
Jul 30, 2009 | HP Photosmart C4180 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 18, 2008 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 15, 2017 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 30, 2008 | Epson LX-300+ II Matrix Printer
232 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: