When i connect my Handycam to television to record programs on tape from it. I cannot see the output on the lcd of handycam.
When i record, only sound gets recorded, but picture is not getting recorded.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
is it able to record audio? are you able to see the indicators on the lcd screen? are you able to playback previous tapes with recording...if you say yes to all of the questions, there is no doubt that you dont have an issue with the lcd screen. the issue that your having is with the ccd imaging sensor. sony has a recall program for this specific model yrs back, unfortunately its already been discontinued and if you send it to them,it will be treated as an out-of-warranty repair.
well this is what i do and it is pretty long and not a really good way so first connect one side of your av cable to the output of your tv and the input to your camcorder and with the help of another av cable put the input to a dvd recorder and the output to the input of your tv then insert a (dvd+r/dvd-r) dvd into your DVD Recorder then record the video that is displayed on your tv to the dvd inserted into the dvd recorder then finalize it when it finishes and put it into your computer
So Basically all i use (as the device) is the DVD Recorder which u can find in any electronic store or online or on ebay i use this to record tv any video and videos on my camcorder and movies that i insert onto my usb and play it on my Nbox or Ps3 and then i record/burn the movies onto a dvd-r/dvd+r
Ps. I Say dvd-R is better because you can format it and delete titles and videos from it but u cant do this on a DVD+R
If camcorder shows old recorded tapes picture with correct colors in LCD but does not show live view in camera mode to record new movie then its ccd imager chip failure.
And if camcoder shows live view and old recorded tapes in its eye piece view finder but does not show any thing in LCD the its problem of broekn/ cracked flexible wire between lcd board and main board of camcorder.
Let me know your finding with bit detail to provide you solution/ helpful info.
Well the cheapest way is to go into record mode, cap the lens with the black lens cap and record a 'black' picture on the tape. This will erase all the pictures on the tape and leave you with a 'black' screen on the whole tape.
I have successfully recorded to a mini Dv tape from my computer however I connected my PC to the VX2100 using the RCA inputs. I have an adapter that I purchased from best buy that provides the RCA input/output. If your able to connect that make sure to...
1. Turn you VX2100 to Play/Edit mode (not camera mode)
2. Insure the program on your mac has an external output otherwise you won't be able to record.
3. See if your video editing software (if your using one) has an option for record to tape or to camera. I use Vegas Studio and it has an option for that.
When you plug your camcorder into a firewire cable, the tape is usually controlled by a software program through a video editing system. On windows Pinnacle Studio uses a queing program to capture tapes. This way you can play, fast forward, and rewind on the screen.
The following Models can be used as a recorder to record from a VCR, TV or another Camcorder.
2004 - SC-D107
2003 - SC-D5000, SC-D27
2002 - SC-D180
Recording In Player Mode
1. Connect the camcorder to the VCR or TV with the AUDIO/VIDEO cable (provided) (to the A/V Outputs on External Device)
2. Set the power switch of the camcorder to PLAYER mode.
3. Turn on the VCR or TV.
4. Insert the blank tape with protection tab closed into the camcorder.
If you want to record from a connected VCR, insert a recorded VHS tape into the VCR.
5. Press the MENU button, turn the MENU DIAL to highlight A/V and press the ENTER button.
6. Turn the MENU DIAL to highlight AV IN/OUT and press the ENTER button to select AV IN.
"AV IN" and picture appears on the LCD monitor.
OUT : Releases the INPUT mode.
7. Press the START/STOP button to set the camcorder to REC PAUSE mode.
"PAUSE" appears on the LCD monitor.
8. Select the TV program or playback the VHS tape.
9. Press START/STOP button to start recording.
If you want to pause recording for a while, press the START/STOP button again.
10. To stop recording, press the (STOP) button.
* Recording from an analog VCR to the camcorder is only possible when the VCR is playing back at normal speed.
* If you want to see the camcorder picture with a TV, set AV IN/OUT in the menu to OUT.