I recently purchased a Clique Communications HUE HD Webcam - 1.3
Megapixels, which i believe have a sn9c20x driver? I uploaded the cd
that came with it, but have since deleted it of my laptop.
Last night uploaded the program called Motion. However, it will not
open due to an error which is stating "The application Motion quit
unexpectedly. The problem may have been caused by the Sonix SN9C201
Does anyone know anything about this problem and how I might be able to
solve it as I really need to use motion for a University project.
Re: The application Motion quit unexpectedly" HELP
Reinstall the driver or program for the webcam, then drag it into this application to remove all portions of the program:
It's a free app that will delete all the little parts around the app it installed. It may remove that for you so you can run Motion.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Make sure that you are using teh camera only with a single.
2. Ensure that you have signed out from any other messenger software such as Skype or Yahoo mesenger, closed and quit the software.
3. Restart the computer and try using the camera with the webcam software.
4. Check if imaging devices is listed and the Sony Visual communications Camera driver is installed in the device manager window.
5. Reinstall the webcam software from Sony support webpage.
The built-in Motion Eye Camera is designed to add video functionality to many instant Messaging or video editing Software applications (such as Windows Messenger or MovieMaker). However the configuration process and support for how to set-up these individual applications is provided by the Software manufacturer, not Sony. Please contact your Yahoo Messenger support team for assistance on how to configure their Software.
TIP: Simply turning on your Computer activates that camera, so no specific action is required to start the video services. Please note that only one application can access the video signal at a time. If the signal is already in use by one application, it will not be able to be detected by a second
Follow this procedure to take still image pictures with the integrated Sony Motion Eye camera.
1. On the taskbar, click Start and then click My Computer. 2. In the My Computer window, double-click the Sony Visual Communications icon. 3. In the Sony Visual Communications window, under Camera Tasks, click Take new picture.
Follow this procedure to capture video with the integrated Sony Motion Eye camera.
1. On the taskbar, click Start, point to All Programs, and then click Windows Movie Maker. 2. In the Windows Movie Maker window, on the left side under Capture Video, click Capture from video device.
You can use the Motion Eye Camera using the "WebCam Companion 2" Software installed in the Computer. To locate the Application, please click "Start", "All Programs", ArcSoft WebCam Companion 2" and "WebCam Companion 2".
If the Camera is not working with the WebCam Companion 2 Software, you may need to re-install the Camera Applications and the Drivers in the Computer to fix the issue.
Hope this helps.
Please post back if you require further assistance.
Try re-installing the webcam software & use updated files if the maker offers them. You can also right click the short cut icon & make sure that run as administrator is checked & also run in compatibility for xpsp2 is checked & try it again. Those numbers are great but unfortunately, not even microsoft knows what they mean,lol. Believe me I've tried thier support a few times with "codes" & they told me they're just generic & don't point to anything usefull.
It sounds like some components maybe missing or the application is corrupted. Try going into:
Hard drive/Applcations/Utilities/Disk Utility
You should see your hard drive on the left pane, select the volume under it, which usually is what youve named the drive or MACINTOSH HD if it hasn't been renamed. Select FIRST AID, then below select repair disk permissions. Restart the computer and try relaunching. If oyu still get the same "Unexpected quit" message, see if it gives you an error message code. If after you repair the permissions on your hard drive you still get the error, I'd uninstall and reinstall the OS, upgrade your OS X to the current 10.4.10...if the issue still occurs, your hard drive maybe failing.