Question about Computers & Internet
I am trying to boot my Acer 3050 1042 and first I get prompted for a SATA password, after entering password, I get Disk Read Error, press Alt, Ctl, Del. to restart. When I do this it prompts me for SATA password again. Vicious cycle. Any ideas? I do not have the rescue disk from Acer.
Looks like hardware failure.
find out what harddisk exactly you do have in the bios :
- press Del or F1 or F2 during booting, goto IDE devices, look for the model, size (in GB) etc.,
write down (the manufacturer could be: samsung, seagate, maxtor, fujitsu...)
- then change order of boot devices so that cd/dvd-rom drive and /or 3,5 '' floppy drive boots
before the harddisk, exit saving changes (F10 or Esc)
- then get diagnosis program from the harddisk manufacturer's homepage,
copy that to a bootable floppy disk or burn it to a cd-r/cd-rw which must be bootable
- boot from the cd or floppy, run diagnosis tool, both short and long test, what does it say then?
- if hardformat is available, perform one
- might work now, at least the hd will be recognized
-setup new windows installation.
Posted on Jul 23, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 31, 2012 | Acer Aspire 5738Z-423G32Mn Notebook
Oct 24, 2010 | Acer Computers & Internet
Sep 06, 2010 | Acer Aspire 3050-1733 Notebook
May 24, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5315-2713 Notebook
Apr 03, 2010 | Acer Aspire 3050-1733 Notebook
Oct 16, 2009 | Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
Sep 22, 2009 | Acer Aspire 1353XC Notebook
Jan 11, 2009 | Acer Computers & Internet
241 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!