Hi, I just bought a used DP-01 and want to clean it up. The sliders seem to be running on sand paper and I was going to use 'canned air' to blow them out. I'm a PC technician and wanted to know if there was any 'hidden danger' in opening up the system. If not, what type of product should I use for detail cleaning and can I 'lube' the sliders? Thanks for all your help!!!
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Press and hold down the "track edit" and the "shut down" buttons while turning the power on until it says "-init screen- please wait". It will ask you if you want to initialize hdd. If so press yes/enter. This Will wipe your hard drive clean. If no just press no/exit. This works on the dp-01fx. It should work on the dp-01 as well.
The power slider, check the spring switches on the door jamb. They will probably be very corroded, even green in color. Use course sand paper, and clean both sides. As for the heater core, what is the concern? No heat? gurgling noise? no fan speed? oolant leak?
If you are just cleaning the outside there is a kit with very fine sand paper and a uv protectant at the auto parts house. If you still need to remove the lens the screws are very hard to ge to and underneeth the bumper once removed you will need to seal them back with rtv.
Midi on the DP-01 is only for time synching with another device, synth, etc. To hear your synth through the DP-01 run a 1/4" patch cord from the audio outs (R and L) on your synth into the A and B inputs of your DP-01. Then assign the inputs to tracks and arm them for recording. You should then be able to hear your synth playing out of whatever you are using to monitor you DP-01 (headphones, stereo or powered monitors). To record the synth output simply press play and record together on the tascam.
If you're asking about being able to use the DP-01s knobs and sliders to control the virtual knobs and sliders on some PC recording software the answer would be 'no'.
But if you just want to use the DP-01 to act as a mixer for incoming signals (like microphones and or guitars or other instruments) the answer is 'kind of'. The DP-01 cannot act as a usb interface for your PC, but it can sit in front of a usb interface or sound card and act as a mixer of sorts to mix input from instruments through the monitor outs and then into your computers sound cards or usb interfaces audio-in jacks. You are however limited to two simultaneous inputs though as that is all the DP-01 can handle.
Wav files need to be in mono to be imported into the dp-01. Fruity Loops and a most other programs by default save wav files in stereo. You'll need to save the files again as mono wav files before attempting to import them into the dp-01.
the fogginess is caused by oxidation on the outside. normal wear and tear.
This is what i did on my honda civic 1996- bought three sand paper 600-1500 and 2000. Bought plastic shine from autozone and some plastic gloves.
1) I cleaned it with diluted soap to get all the dirt out. Use soft cotton cloth to do this.
2) get some clean water and dip sand paper(600) and start sanding the headlight. sanding should be done in the same direction throughout. I used horizontal strokes. Don't let the sandpaper dry out.
3) clean it out with water so all the sand particles from the sanding is cleaned out.
4) start with the next grade sand paper and repeat the process till you are satisfied and the fogginess is gone.
5) clean it thoroughly with water and let it dry fully.
6) put in gloves and rub plastic shine all over the headlight and leave it to dry. Make sure it does touch the paint!! you can mask the sides to avoid that.
7) clean it with soft cotton or polishing cloth. It really works!!!
Also, stay away from direct sun while doing this. Having the hood up is helpful.