Hi everyone i am trying to build a file server with these specification:
Tyan s2865 MB
Amd 64 3800 processor
2 GB Crucial ddr 400Mhz ECC
2 500 Gb Sata drives
and of course a floppy drive and a dvd drive.
my problem is that i cannot install any Win based OS, what happens is that after the normal boot, the win installation ( i have tried the win 2003 server which i need, and then also the XP to see if it would have worked)the win installation stops as soon as it is starting to copy the files on the Hdd. It reboots and the problem comes back everytime i try to install any OS win based.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: Cannot install any Windows OS system
My first course of action would be to isolate the problem. So what i would do is un hook one of the 500 gb Sata drives. Then try to install on one. Once you get it up and running hook the second one up and let windows find it. Also another note of thumb is make sure you have not over exceeded your ram slot capabilities. Find the techical manual on the manufactures web site. Each ram slot has a max amount and speed. If you exceed these it can cause windows programs to halt. I do think that if you isolate down to one sata drive install your os then add your second Sata you should be good to go. If you are still having problems feel free to contact me. TechWizard
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You need to unzip the file before you install the driver. It should not be nessesary to install drivers before installing the windows system. Check your bios boot settings to boot from the cdrom or dvd drive. The cd or dvd drive must be the first boot device in order to boot from the windows disk. Install windows with only one harddrive. You can also add a harddrive later, when the installation is done and all drivers is installed.
Check with some quality video card companies to see which cards are compatible with your motherboard. You might find you can't get a very good quality card or maybe you might find some quality cards you can install yourself. Its only a couple of screws. Mostly is it compatible with your motherboard.
hi check your power supply, hard disks, cd drive, and memory
FOR LONG BEEPS, ONE SHORT BEEP IN AN ENDLESS LOOP, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH AT STARTUP
Try using Memtest 86+ http://www.memtest86.com/ to diagnose your memory problem.
You can also try the following methods.
Turn off power, Unplug. Remove the cover of your PC.
Remove the memory from the Motherboard. Note on the locks!
Clean the memory contacts with an eraser yes that's right a rubber Pencil eraser.
It should be shiny gold.
Reseat your memory to the motherboard and Test!
DOWNLOAD HIREN BOOT CD, WRITE IT TO CD THEN BOOT FROM IT
Includes HDD Diagnostics for these companies
Hard Disk Tools:
- Hard Disk Diagnostic Utilities
- Seagate Seatools Desktop Edition 3.02
- Western Digital Data Lifeguard Tools
- Western Digital Diagnostics (DLGDIAG) 5.04f
- Maxtor PowerMax 4.23
- Maxtor amset utility 4.0
- Maxtor(or any Hdd) Low Level Formatter 1.1
- Fujitsu HDD Diagnostic Tool 6.61
- Fujitsu IDE Low Level Format 1.0
- Samsung HDD Utility(HUTIL) 2.02
- Samsung Disk Diagnose (SHDIAG) 1.28
- IBM/Hitachi Drive Fitness Test 4.08
- IBM/Hitachi Feature Tool 2.03
- Gateway GwScan 3.15
- ExcelStor's ESTest 3.80
- MHDD 4.6
- WDClear 1.30
- Toshiba Hard Disk Diagnostic 2.00b
- SeaTools for Dos 1.08
- HDD Regenerator 1.51 - to recover a bad hard drive
- Ontrack Disk Manager 9.57 - Disk Test/Format/Maintenance tool.
- Norton Disk Doctor 2002 - a tool to repair a damaged disk, or to diagnose your hard drive.
- Norton Disk Editor 2002 - a powerful disk editing, manual data recovery tool.
- Active Kill Disk 3.1 - Securely overwrites and destroys all data on physical drive.
- HDAT2 4.5.2 - main function is testing and repair (regenerates) bad sectors for devices
- SmartUDM 2.00 - Hard Disk Drive S.M.A.R.T. Viewer.
- Victoria 3.33 - a freeware program for low-level HDD diagnostics
If you are having trouble with Newly bought items save your self from headaches by returning them and
demand a replacement or a refund! You may have purchased a reconditioned\repaired\factory defect product.