Question about NetGear RangeMax NEXT WNR834B Wireless Router
I am playing online games with my PS3 and wii. my console tells me no network is detected.
A. Determining the IP Address and MAC Address of you PS3 & Wii:
Note: Please use the computer for which the Ports are to be opened:
For Windows 2000/XP users:
1. Please click on Start and select Run.
2. Type in cmd and click on OK.
3. In the Command Prompt, please type ipconfig/all then press Enter or Return key.
4. Please make sure that the Ethernet adapter has an IP Address that is the same range as the router (e.g. 192.168.1.2 for the computer and 192.168.1.1 for the router).
5. Please note down the IP address and Physical address.
B. Reserving an IP Address:
1. Please open any web browser like Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator.
2. Connect to the router by typing http://routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm or http://192.168.1.1 in the address field and click Enter or Return key.
3. A window will prompt for a user name and password. The default username is "admin" and the default password is "password".
Note: If it does not take password as the password, you might have changed it when you have run the NETGEAR Setup CD so please try other passwords. If you cannot remember the password, you need to reset the router and run the Setup CD to reconfigure it.
4. When the setup page opens, click on LAN IP Setup under Advanced tab.
5. Click on Add under Address Reservation.
6. Under Address Reservation window, please select the radio button of the computer you wish to add from the Address Reservation Table.
7. If the computer you want is not on the list, please click on the Refresh button to update the table.
8. If the computer is still not on the Address Reservation Table, please type in the IP Address, MAC Address (Physical Address), and Device Name of the computer you wish to add.
9. Click the Add button when done.
C. Opening Pre-Defined Ports for Internet Services:
1. Click on the option with the name Port Forwarding/Port Triggering under the Advanced menu.
2. Please select the service type Port Forwarding. The router pre-defined services are listed there.
3. From the Service Name pull down list, select the service that needs to be hosted.
4. Enter the IP address of the computer in the Server IP Address box.
5. Click the Add or Apply button.
6. Repeat all steps to open more ports.
Note: If the name of the Internet service does not appear in the drop down list, you may manually open the ports for that Internet service. Please follow the steps below:
D. Opening Ports for Games, Applications or Custom Ports (Call PS3 tech support & Wii support to ask for the port numbers to be registered onto the router):
1. Click on Add Custom Service button.
2. Type the service name in the Service Name box and the lower range numbers in the Starting Port box.
3. If the application uses only a single port; type in the same port number in the Ending Port box.
4. If the application uses a range of ports; type in the higher range numbers in the Ending Port box.
5. Type the IP address of the computer in the Server IP Address box. Click Apply button.
6. It will then refresh to the Port Forwarding page, and will show the list of all ports opened in tabulation.
7. Repeat all steps to add more ports for more services.
E. To Edit or Delete a Service Entry:
1. Click on the Radio Button that needs to be Edited /Deleted, under the Port Forwarding page.
2. Modify the information from the Service Name, Starting Port, Ending Port, and the Server IP Address, and then click the Apply button.
Posted on Apr 25, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 28, 2011 | Cisco Linksys E2000 Advanced WirelessN...
Apr 16, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 11, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 21, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Dec 31, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jul 02, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 02, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Aug 06, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
151 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: