Question about Brother MFC 240C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Where is the portal to install ink cartridges in the Brother 240C Printer/Scanner/Fax?
To install your Brother machine#s ink cartridges, follow the steps
1. Make sure that the Brother machine#s power is turned on.
2. Open the ink cartridge cover. This cover is located on right-hand
side of the Brother machine#s front panel.
3. Pull down the four lock release levers. There is one lock release
lever for each ink cartridge.
4. Take the ink cartridge out of its protective bag.
5. Carefully remove the yellow protective cap from the ink cartridge.
- DO NOT touch the side of the ink cartridge covered by the yellow
- Take care when removing this cover to prevent spilling ink and
staining your hands and clothing.
- If the cartridge cover comes off when you open the bag, the cartridge
will NOT be damaged.
6. Install each ink cartridge in the direction of the arrow on the
- Please note that each color has its own specific position. These
positions are indicated by the colors of the four lock release levers.
Do not install an ink cartridge in the incorrect position, as this can
cause print quality problems.
7. Lift each lock release lever and push it until it clicks into the
8. Close the ink cartridge cover.
- If the LCD shows #Install Black,# #Install Cyan,# #Install Magenta,#
or #Install Yellow# after you install the ink cartridges, please verify
that you have installed the cartridges correctly.
* DO NOT remove the ink cartridges from the Brother machine unless you intend to replace them. If you do, it may reduce the quantity of ink left in the cartridge, which may cause the Brother machine to miscalculate the amount of remaining ink.
* DO NOT shake the ink cartridges. If ink stains your skin or clothing, wash the affected area with soap or detergent immediately.
* DO NOT repeatedly insert and remove the ink cartridges. Doing so may cause ink to seep out of your cartridges.
* If you mix the colors by installing an ink cartridge in the wrong
position, clean the print head several times after correcting the
* Once you open an ink cartridge, install it in the Brother machine and use it up within six months of installation.
* Use unopened ink cartridges by the expiration date listed on the
* DO NOT dismantle or tamper with the ink cartridge. Doing so can cause ink to leak out of the cartridge
Posted on Apr 21, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 27, 2009 | Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 21, 2009 | HP Officejet 4355 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 18, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 7310 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 26, 2008 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 07, 2016 | Brother MFC 240C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 02, 2016 | Brother MFC 240C All-In-One InkJet Printer
809 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!