Question about iRiver H10 MP3 Player
When i turn on my iriver, it comes up "system files missing, to restore the system files, connect H10 to iriver plus." and i do, but it doesn't work. it never used to do this but now it does. i know that there are other problems like this one, but i have tried to fix it but the iriver doesn't come up on my "my computer" screen, every once in a while, when i plug the iriver in, is says "USB Connected" but not every time, the power cord works all the time. i dont know what to do.
I fixed this problem for my mate, here's what I did:
1) plugged in H10 to pc that didn't have any iriver software on it
a) I've read if you press the "o" button on the iRiver H10 when connecting it will just connect as a usb mass storage device
2) the H10 now appears as a mass storage device
3) right click on the drive, and select format ( I choose quick format)
4) install the iRiverFirmware updater from http://iriveramerica.com/support/mtpupdate/
5) when you run the updater, it found the H10, then asked if the device was from USA or Europe, mine was from Europe
6) It stated that the iRiver firmware was v0.0, and would install v2.51 (I've seen v2.53 available on the european iriver website but could not download it).
7) proceed with installing the updated firmware
8) on the last screen it says, unplug to complete firmware update - NOTE press Finish first before unplugging
9) switching on the iRiver it 'rebooted' a few times and then when the menu appeared, I connected to the pc and just dropped some mp3 files into the music directory and all was okay.
hope this helps.
Posted on Nov 14, 2007
For my works this:
Go to My PC
Format iriver drive
disconnet and intall this http://rapidshare.com/files/156271798/iriverplus_setup_full.7z
launch, update and now connect the iriver
the software recognize the iriver and ask to upgrade
upgrade and disconnect when the software ask and done
i have iriver H10 6gb color
Posted on Oct 21, 2008
posted on Nov 14, 2007
I have found a fix for this problem! I saved [backed up] my entire iRiver drive to my desktop and then formatted then H10. I then did a copy and paste of all the system files back to the H10 and, guess what? The H10 fired up like it should have!
I then proceeded to copy all my precious data from my PC back to the H10 and....................................Hurray!!!
Posted on Nov 09, 2009
Posted on Apr 07, 2009
To everyone having this problem.....having read all the emails about this problem, I became angry and threw the H10 5GB system against the wall in my office and you won't believe this.....it now works again. I'm not saying that everyone will have this good fortune, but if at least one other benefits from this, I feel that I've helped someone today. Good Luck!!!! Must have been a loose memory or drive connection inside. I will not drop it again.
Posted on Feb 16, 2009
The "o" thing, dont work for me..
i tried to do everything with this O but nothing appiered .
the 5th step dont show me the "UMS mode".
just show me "USB connected".
what should i do?
Posted on Feb 06, 2009
Sloution 2 by maqcs worked like a charm!!!!! Full Marks!!!!
Posted on Jan 11, 2008
What do you mean by.. "If yes then click on icon on bar scan hardware then follow the wizard."
i dont get it. where do i go? please give it to me in more detail
Posted on Oct 26, 2007
What I just did I had the same problem I sended the iriver back to the company and they fixed it
Posted on Jan 27, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
upgrade the firmware of your device follow this...
How to upgrade firmware
1. Download the zipped file for your region.
2. Unzip the file and you will see *.exe file.
3. Connect your H10 to PC via provided USB cable and power on H10.
4. Once the device is ready, run the *.exe. It will automatically copy the firmware to your H10.
5. The progress bar copying firmware will be shown and your H10 device will give you 'Busy' message.
6. Once it's done, it will give you 'Upgrade Complete' message.
7. Please disconnect H10 with 'Safely Remove Hardware' option on your PC task bar.
8. Turn on the power of H10, go to 'Settings -> Extra ->Firmware Upgrade' and select 'Yes'.
9. Your H10 device will shut off automatically once the firmware upgrade is complete.
Posted on Jun 06, 2010
Try doing a format via windows explorer. Right click on the drive and then format as fat32. Then unplug and open iriver plus. Reconnect. See if that works. Good luck!
Posted on Aug 23, 2007
I agree with Heracles83's approach (thank you, it finally worked for me!). However I would like to add something.
I own the H10 20GB model.
I tried the above approach a dozen times, but could not get the format to complete, until I noticed a little blurb from the iriver USA site concerning updating the firmware. http://iriverinc.com/support/mtpupdate/
The player must be in UMS mode in order to update the firmware and, as I finally figured out, to format the drive as well.
The above link will explain how to connect the H10 to your PC via UMS mode.
I was able to format on the first try after that, and the updater worked immediately.
Posted on Nov 12, 2008
I'm not sure my solution can help you or not.
I've got this message too but after I formated H10 by Windows.
First backup all files by window explorer.
Open iriver plus and go to > Option > Portable Device Initialization.
This function will delete all data, Please sure that you already backup all of your data from H10.
After initialize process finished, it will ask you to disconnect and connect it agian.
------ Steps below, I can't explain it clearly. May be you will not have the same results as me. I hope it can rise you some ideas how it comes.
I followed that instruction but after I disconnected it again and turned on, expected that msg will disappear, IT's NOT! a bit freak out.
Ok claim down,
I tried to turn it off but I can't then I pushed its battery out and put it back and turned on, that msg showed up again.
Then I connected H10 to Iriver plus again and it upgrades firmware automatically.
At the end after I disconnected and turn on my H10 it works perfectly.
I'm not a native English so my language could make you confused, any questions you can contact me. :)
Posted on Jul 28, 2009
Testimonial: "hiiiiiiii thank u for helping me really i was screwed up but know its working and about ur english is perfect bye ."
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 19, 2010 | iRiver H10 MP3 Player
Dec 15, 2009 | iRiver H10 MP3 Player
Sep 07, 2009 | iRiver H10 MP3 Player
Jul 16, 2009 | iRiver H10 MP3 Player
Sep 25, 2008 | iRiver H10 MP3 Player
Sep 16, 2008 | iRiver H10 MP3 Player
May 31, 2008 | iRiver H10 MP3 Player
1,605 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!