Question about Akai CF2791 27" TV
Hello. My Song big screen picture is really blurry. The colors are off and the picture seems almost doubled. Maybe it's because of the color. How do I fix it? Where can I check? Do I need to replace something? Please help! It's been about 3 weeks now. Thank you! J
Blurry picture is mainly due to focusing voltage is not proper. solution 1 check & adjust focus control on flyback. 2 check crt base for loose. 3 wire going to focus control on crt base got disconnected due to foreign materials deposit on it. 4 if tv is old possibility of crt getting weak.
Posted on Oct 01, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 24, 2011 | Sony KV-40XBR700 40" TV
Apr 03, 2010 | Sony KP-41T65 41" Rear Projection...
Feb 05, 2010 | Sony KP-46WT510 46" Rear Projection HDTV
Sep 07, 2017 | Sony KP-61HS10 61" Rear Projection...
Dec 31, 2008 | Televison & Video
You have a problem with the three factors, and they are screen voltage, focus voltage, and control (focus 2) voltage. Basically these voltages have to be adjusted since the components in this section have aged some. These controls are usually located in the television on the IHVT (Integrated High Voltage Transformer) or as it is also called the flyback transformer. these controls must be adjusted together, along with the color controls. Here is how the adjustment is done (You will need a schematic diagram, a DC volt meter, and a color bar generator to do these measurments):
1) turn color and tint fully counter clockwise until you have a black and white picture.
2) connect the color bar generator to the TV (ch 3) and turn it on, you should see bars in various shades of gray
3) adjust as best as possible the color and tint controls to obtain the color bars on the screen Red Green Blue.
4) measure the voltages on the focus, screen and control grids of the CRT and match them to the schematic digram measurements.
5) adjust the focus screen and control grids to match the ones on the schematic diagram
6) once this is done then you adjust the color controls once again to obtain the red green and blue bars on the TV screen.
This should help if the CRT (picture tube) electron guns are still good and if the flyback transformer voltage supply is working.
However if you do not have a background in electronics please take the TV to a shop for repairs.
I hope this helps,
Oct 16, 2007 | Sony KV-20M20 20" TV
Aug 14, 2007 | Mitsubishi WS-55805 55" Rear Projection...
Mar 03, 2007 | Toshiba 55H70 55" Rear Projection...
446 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: