Try 2 use wndws media player, says prblm w/sound device
(Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.) Msg from media player. When I go to sounds on control panel everything is grey, it shows no sound device at all cant chg volume. *mid does not play either.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
As you may have already notice, there isn't a problem with your driver.
However to gain a better understand the problem you rule out a couple of things. However, if the this problem is only present in windows media player. Then you should try another play i.e. VLC media player.
1. Go to you device manager and make sure the device is working properly. If not try uninstalling the device, restarted the computer letting windows discover the device again.
2. Next go to windows media player file (press "alt" key to get toolbar in newer version. Select options -> devices select your speaker -> properties and be sure that your audio device is available and selected.
3. Finally if all these options has failed, please use an alternative media like the one mention above (VLC media player).
I hope this have been a great help in your troubles. Please provide feedback on the solution.
try playing the sound file with other media players, if still not playing reinstall ur audio driver either by dowloading the driver from internet or by installing it from ur driver cd. if ur audio device driver is integrated or plug n play device then, step 1:open control panel step 2:open 'sound speech and audio devices' step 3: in the property menu of audio devices select drivers from the tab step 4:select uninstall driver. step 5: restart ur computer and the audio device will be reinstalled. if it is the problem with ur windows media player, then step 1:select option/preferences from the menu. step 2:select devices from the tab. step 3:test all the devices by selecting each one at a time to play ur sound file.
If this is the promblem with any music player in your computer than their is no sound driver installed or some sound files are missing to check if the sound driver is installed you can open the control panel---->sounds and check if the driver is installed if it is not you must install it using the motherboard CD that came along with your Pc
plz tell if the media player played picture without sound and did not play at all.
if it did not play at all then you have to update the media player with new version. you find the new version of media player at microsoft site.
Thanks for asking for solution,I would require some additional info.
1. Does windows media player give you an error while playing the file ?
2. Is the problem only in windows media player ? eg, are you getting windows startup sound.
In the meantime try system restore , take the computer back to the date when it was working fine.
ps: do let me know the make of the sound card and which windows operating system you are using
If you are able to hear sound while starting PC issue is not with sound card. that is installed and working properly.
If you are clicking on any file that is not playing then window media player is not supporting that file.
If you are directly opening window media player from start>>Program>>access>>>>window player and it is giving error. It mean that your player is corrupted. You can upgrade that with higher version of player by going this link. www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player.aspx