Question about Motorola Mobility SD4561 Cordless Phone
I have 1 set (1 base & 1 handset) and a handset from another set whose base got spoiled. When I am trying to register this extra handset to the new base, does not register displaying 'Out of range'. Tried all the remedies given in FAQ site of the product. I took this product again thinking it is expandable to 7 handsets. Motorola is a SAD company.
To register the extra handset it has to be exactly the same to be compatible with the base
if it is a slightly different model or older unit it probably will not register
Posted on Oct 14, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Motorola 580 handset not working
are these phones registered to your base? scroll around in the menu until you come to register and press the "-" key. then quickly press and hold the page button on the base unit. you will here the phone beep. should work now
Posted on Mar 23, 2008
SOURCE: My handset won't charge
Try charging it in a different cradle if you have more than one handset. This has happened to me where a particular base will not charge a particular phone. Once charged elsewhere the problem resolved.
Posted on May 03, 2008
1. Delete or listen to all voice mail messages, if necessary, to clear the IN USE/Voice Mail light indicator.
Note: Skip this step if it does not apply to your MD Series cordless telephone model.
2. Press OFF on the base station and each handset.
3. Press and hold down PAGE on the base station until the IN USE light flashes slowly, then release.
4. Press and hold down PAGE again until the IN USE light begins to flash quickly, then release PAGE.
5. Quickly and fully press and release PAGE again.
6. Please register handset displays. Press OK to begin the registration process, or press EXIT.
Posted on Mar 12, 2009
Remove the spare battery (if any) and handsets from the base station.
Navigate in the menus to the "base settings". Your screen should say "ringer volume, ringer melody, keypad tone, tone/pulse, ..."
Punch in the reset code (including the stars): **335782
Wait for the phone to restart itself (about 5 seconds).
Re-register all of your handsets.
Posted on Jan 13, 2010
Testimonial: "Please tell me why several emails to Motorola including escalation to their "best and most knowlegable" tech could not provide this code? Morons!"
Tips for a great answer:
Registering a Handset
If you see a "not registered" message on a handset, you must register it to a base before using it.
1. On the base, open the menu and select "Register Handset"
2. On the handset, press and hold POUND (#) until the handset display says "Handset Registering" (about 2 seconds).
3. Wait until the handset display says "Registration Complete" (about 30 seconds), then pick up the handset and press eND/CleaR.
# If you don't hear a dial tone or the display says "Registration Failed" charge the battery completely, then try again.
May 12, 2016 | Uniden Lands Phones
May 02, 2016 | Vtech Lands Phones
Nov 22, 2015 | Vtech AT&T CL83213 2 handset cordless...
Oct 29, 2015 | Vtech Lands Phones
Jul 23, 2015 | Vtech Lands Phones
Mar 04, 2015 | AT&T El52300 Cordless Phone
Jun 08, 2013 | Vtech Lands Phones
Mar 01, 2013 | AT&T ATT EL52500 DECT 6.0 5-Handset...
Jan 18, 2008 | Vtech mi6896 Trio Cordless Phone
Nov 16, 2017 | Motorola Mobility SD4561 Cordless Phone
62 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!