Question about Zyxel Prestige 334W Wireless Router (WYP334WZYXEL)
I installed a ZyXEL 802.11g wireless USB Adapter G-220 v2 with all the software on my desktop. When I select my home network and key in the encryption wep-key I get an good signal strength (7/10) and an excellent link quality (9/10) reading. However, there does not seem to be a transfer of data and I can not start my web browser. Other wireless computers in my house work fine so I assume there is something wrong in the settings. Can you help? Thanks!
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: zyxel p660hw and g202 problem
I had an almost identical problem and contacted Tech support at Zyxel. They were excellent and the guy talked me through to a solution. The main issue related to 'Bandwith management' which defaults to active on the router configuration. Unset all three (Wan, Lan, Wlan) and see if it sorts out problem. Because of some other issues I did have to reset the router to start with and on the wireless client I unset 'Obtain IP address automatically' and used an IP address with the default gateway set to the router address. If this does not help, I would recommend talking to Zyxel Tech Support, the consultant I spoke to was brilliant.
Posted on Jan 11, 2008
If a LAN connected PC will not work while a wireless laptop is connected you need to go into advanced router setup, bandwidth management, and untick the three boxes labeled "active" to disable the band width management. Easy!
Posted on Apr 30, 2008
What do you mean by "wireless bridging"? Does it mean wirelessly connecting both routers? (ex. Zyxel is at location A and Micronet ais at Location B and you'll wirelessly connect them). If this is what you mean, then it might not be possible since those are two different brands and possibility is that they will not work with each other when they're wirelessly connected unless one or both routers have the capability to do so.
Posted on May 09, 2008
SOURCE: WEP key for ZyAir B-2000
go to the web page of the router default ip address is 192.168.1.1 and user name is admin and password is 1234. after then go to the wireless option in that seciurty option is there in that u get the wep in that you can get the password you change it that's all
Posted on May 05, 2009
It seems that you have windows XP on this computer. Follow the steps below;
1. Right click on My Computer icon and go to Manage.
2. Go to Services then go to Service and Applications.
3. Double click on Wireless Zero Configuration.
4. Change the Start Up Type to Automatic and click on Apply
5. Click on Start and press OK to close the window.
6. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
7. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
8. Go to the 'Wireless Networks' tab .
9. Check the option 'Use Windows to Configure this Wireless Connection' and click 'OK'.
Now please perform the following instructions to connect to the wireless network:
1. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
2. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
3. Click on the 'wireless network' tab.
4. Under Preferred networks if you see any name in the list then highlight the name and click remove. Click OK.
5. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'View Available Networks'.
6. Look for the SSID (aka Network Name) of the Wireless router or access point.
4. Highlight thee SSID from the list that you want to connect to.
5. Type the security Key here and click on the 'Connect' button.
6. You should have successfully established a wireless network connection.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Jul 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 21, 2011 | Zyxel G-220 802.11g/b Wireless Adapter
Jan 20, 2011 | Zyxel G-220 802.11g/b Wireless Adapter
Jul 18, 2010 | Zyxel G-220 802.11g/b Wireless Adapter
Jan 24, 2010 | Zyxel G-220 802.11g/b Wireless Adapter
Dec 14, 2009 | Zyxel Computers & Internet
Nov 12, 2009 | Dell Optiplex GX60 PC Desktop
Aug 17, 2009 | Zyxel ZyAIR G-220 (ZYAIRG220) 802.11g/b...
Dec 10, 2006 | Zyxel ZyAIR B-220 802.11b (91-005-020003)...
Feb 21, 2010 | Zyxel Prestige 334W Wireless Router...
374 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: