Question about Whirlpool Cabrio HE 4.5 cu. ft. Washer
How do get between the drum and the plastic cover to get the shirt?
1. Unplug and take off the top of the washer. There are two pressure clips in the front inside the crack between the top and body of the washer. Use a stiff putty kniff to depress the clips and flip the top up out of the way.
2. Pry the top plastic shroud off the tub. There are a series of plastic retainers clips around the shroud. Pry them up and remove the shroud.
3. On the small agitator on the bottom of the washer, use your putty knife to remove the domed plastic cap in the center. Pry it up with the corner of the knife to expose the nut.
4. Use a socket wrench to remove the center nut. It will likely take a good deal of force to loosen it.
5. Once you have removed the center nut, get another person to help you lift the stainless steel inner tub out of the washer. Place it aside.
6. In the bottom of the outer plastic tub, you will find the shirt (or other garment) caught in the drain. Remove the screws on the top of the plastic drain cover, and lift up the drain cover.
7. Remove the stuck item(s). For all the coins and small part that have fallen into the drain tub, you may have to open up the back of the washer and remove the drain hose to access the items in the drain. Luckily the drain hose is held on with cheap hose pressure clamps, so you can do this relatively easily.
8. Call or email whirlpool and tell them that the washer is pulling clothes into the space between the inner and outer drums. They will respond by telling you they have never heard of this problem before and if you need service, call "A&E Factory Service toll-free at (800) 771-3029."
9. Be frustrated and vow never to buy a Whirlpool product again.
Hope this helps
Posted on May 05, 2009
Pain in the rear but it worked thanks
Posted on Apr 29, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 13, 2013 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Apr 27, 2011 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Apr 03, 2010 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Aug 23, 2009 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Jul 20, 2009 | Whirlpool WGD5900S Gas Dryer
Jul 07, 2009 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Jun 21, 2009 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBK
Mar 03, 2009 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Jan 18, 2009 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9549L Top...
Jan 01, 2009 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Jun 26, 2014 | Whirlpool Cabrio HE 4.5 cu. ft. Washer
1,244 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: