Question about Lexmark X7550 InkJet Printer
Printer says its busy when i try to print but only pending doc is the one i'm trying to print. also i keep gettinhg an obstruction message and there isn't any
You need to clean NVRAM on Lexmark X7550 printer. Please follow the steps given below:
1. Power "Off" the All-In-One.
2. Press and hold the number button and turn the All-In-One back on. Press and hold the "Color Start" button and the "Check" button at the same time and turn the printer ON.
3. Release both the buttons once the printer is ON.
3. Press "Down" arrow button to go to the "Maintenance" menu entry. Press "Check" button.
4. Press "Down" arrow button until you reach "Manufacturers Test." Press "Check" button.
5. Press "Down" arrow button until you reach "Clear NVRAM." Press the "Check" button. The printer will restart by itself.
6. You will be prompted to go through setup again and to print an alignment page.
Next, try this printer self-test by following the steps given below:
1. Turn the printer ON.
2. Press the down arrow button till the screen displays “Maintenance.“
3. Press the "Check" button.
4. Press the "Down arrow" button till the screen displays “Print Test Page.”
5. Press the "Check" button.
The self-test should at least print out a set of either black or color bars, if not both (if you have a printer with both color and black installed simultaneously). Should this test fail, please try it again without cartridges installed. If the self-test still fails to take paper in and make sounds like the carrier is moving across the paper, this is a hardware issue, and the printer will require service. If the self-test completes without any cartridges installed, run the self-test again with the color cartridge installed. (If you have both black and color cartridges, after this test, run the test again with just the black cartridge installed.) If you find that either cartridge causes the self-test to fail, please let us know.
If the self-test prints, but has lines or smudges or other print quality issues, please let us know. This includes any print quality issues, we need to know if the problems you have with your black or color are based in the printer, or communications with your computer, or the computer's software.
If the self-test prints your test bar(s) clearly, the printer hardware is not at fault.
Posted on Apr 19, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 10, 2011 | Lexmark X2670 All-In-One Printer
Apr 03, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX3200 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 28, 2009 | HP PSC 1210 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 04, 2009 | Epson STYLUS CX3900 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 20, 2008 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
May 26, 2008 | Compaq A1500 All-In-One InkJet Printer
340 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: