Question about Intel Ethernet 10/100 Network Adapter
I want to share my wireless with a laptop computer but I have a secure key code. How do I retreive that key code?
Contact the manufacture of your wireless router for assistance in getting the key that is configured in your router/model.
Posted on Apr 22, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 16, 2013 | ASUS Eee 4G Notebook
Jan 22, 2012 | Nintendo DS Lite Console
May 13, 2011 | Computers & Internet
I understand that you need to check the security key so as to connect the computer with the router's wireless network.
In order to get this key we need to login to the router's page using any computer which is physically connected to router. Please follow the steps on a computer connected to the router so as to check the network key:
1. Open a web browser like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
2. Access the router's GUI by typing 'http://192.168.1.1' or 'http://www.routerlogin.com' in the address bar.
3. When prompted for Username and Password, please enter 'admin' for the Username and 'password' for Password.
4. Click on Wireless Settings (under Setup) from the left menu.
5. Check if WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) or WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key) is selected under 'Security Options'.
6. If WPA-PSK is selected, copy the code entered in the passphrase (or network key).
7. If WEP is selected, copy the code entered in the key that has been checked.
This is the code required for connecting the wireless computer to the router's wireless network.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
Mar 18, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Oct 12, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Mar 23, 2010 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Mar 19, 2010 | Belkin (F5D9230-4) Wireless Router...
Nov 10, 2009 | D-Link Xtreme N DIR-655 Wireless Router
Jan 31, 2009 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Dec 17, 2008 | Computers & Internet
87 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!