- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The way you describe your error, it seems that there is still some residual paper stuck inside the printer that may cause subsequent paper to be mis-aligned.
Paper jams can be tricky to solve. The paper is usually stuck inside the printer mechanism so even if there is no visible paper jam, you will still get the paper jam error. Try this:
1. Turn off your printer
2. Open all trays and remove any paper stuck there
3. Locate the button to open the printer, open it and remove any paper stuck there also.
4. Repeate the above step for all buttons that you can find to access the inside of the printer
5. Close all doors and put back all trays
6. Turn on your printer
NOTE: Please rate our help to keep this free service online.
HP LaserJet 4, 4m, 4 Plus and 4m Plus Series Printers - False Error Message 13 PAPER JAM
After clearing all jammed paper from the HP LaserJet 4, 4m, 4 Plus, or 4m Plus series printer, the display still reads 13 Paper Jam . Even after cycling the power off and then back on, the error remains.
Open the rear door of the printer. There is a paper sensor near the upper right hand corner of the fusing assembly (just below the right edge of the long yellow warning sticker on the fuser) that can cause paper jam error messages even when there is no jammed paper in the printer. Toggle the thin black plastic lever up and down to make sure it is not stuck or sticky. The lever should be in the down position before closing the back of the printer. If the lever is stuck or missing, the printer will generate a false paper jam message.
Hope it will help you !
This worked for me. If "Paper Jam" error message continues to appear after jam has been cleared, turn off power to printer. Navigate to Control Panel - Printers, right click on HP Photosmart 2570 series icon, click on Delete on drop down menu. This deletes printer from your system. Turn on power to printer. Printer will re-install (may need original installation disc, may not). "Paper Jam" error message should no longer appear.
Hi, Paper jams can be real or false. The all-in-one may report a paper jam when there is not any jammed paper, however, the solution to a real paper jam or a false paper jam is the same. Up-grading the printer firmware could also fix this kind of issue, however I would appreciate if you try the steps below before you up-grade the printer firmware. To fix the paper Jam errors please try the following steps:
1. Confirm that no foreign materials are inside the machine. 2. Confirm that usable paper is set. 3. Confirm that the paper is set properly. 4. Confirm that recommended paper is used, and the number of sheets set does not exceed the required limit.
5. Disconnect the printer power cord as well as the printer cable form the printer.
6. Turn the printer upside down and shake the printer in order to remove any obstacle which is stuck inside the printer causing the paper jam error.
Open the printer cover and remove the cartridges and check carefully if there is any small piece of paper which is stuck inside, if so carefully remove it.
7. Disconnect the printer power cord and press and hold the power button on the printer for about 15 to 20 seconds( this will release the flee power) and reconnect the printer and check.
If the above mentioned steps do not fix the issue please up-grade the printer firmware form the Support.dell.com web site. However make sure that you do not turn off either your printer or computer when you are downloading and installing the printer firmware.
Alternately you can also try to download the and install the printer drives form the support site if the paper jam message is being displayed on the computer’s screen but not on the printer’s LCD screen.
Should you require any further assistance regarding the printer or even any other computer related issue please feel free to contact me I will be more than glad to assist you.
There are several things that can cause a paper jam error, even though there is no paper stuck. The most common is that the paper pickup rollers are worn or dirty, and can't grab paper. Even though there is no paper jammed in the machine, it will show the error message. The solution is to clean the roller with alcohol and a lint-free cloth (don't use paper towels). If the roller is very worn, you will need to replace it.