Question about Kenmore Dishwashers
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The sequence of "Press Heated Dry, press Normal Wash, then press Heated Dry again and press Normal Wash again (that's 4 button-presses)" worked for us. Many thanks!
Posted on Oct 14, 2008
I have a Quiet Guard 4. Same problem so will describe my solution.
1. Remove bottom basket. Remove top basket.
2. Remove bottom washing arm. Unscrew (Gently but firmly) the centre post. Lift arm assembly up and out.
3. Remove overhead conduit. One screw at back, one at top (Philips #2 bit). Rotate whole assembly 45 deg right (Clockwise) and lift off of centre post.
4. Remove centre post (Pull straight up). Remove 4 screws (Star T-20 bit). Lift whole assembly out. Pop off screen and clean.
5. Remove cap over cutter/chopper. There is a single screw at front left (under assembly removed in 4). Remove screw (Star T-15 bit) and cap (Needs some wiggling to free it up). Remove cutter and filter. It is on a spring loaded pin. Pull the cutter blade foreward and then the filter disc straight up. Clean thoroughly as it may be the cause of your problems.
Reassimble. Good luck!
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
remove the kick panel below the door, place a pan, etc under where the drain hose connects to the drain extension tube, and slide the clamp back some so you can slide the hose off of the extension tube (white plastic tube) and drain any excess fluid into the aforementioned pan, etc., then unscrew the extension tube and check for plugs, or restrictions.
the sump may also be pluged beneath the strainer assembly, and that requires removing the lower spray arm, the water tube that runs up the inside back of the unit, and the upper parts of the assembly below them to access the drain/pump sump area.
last but not least the impeller is jamed and might be able to be freed by removing whatever has lodged within there..
ya never know...
best of luck,
Posted on Oct 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 23, 2015 | Kenmore 24 in. 17032 Built-in Dishwasher
Nov 14, 2014 | Kenmore Dishwasher With Ultra Wash And...
Sep 10, 2012 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Mar 28, 2012 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Sep 02, 2011 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Jun 03, 2009 | Dishwashers
May 04, 2009 | Kenmore 24 in. 15932 Built-in Dishwasher
Jul 06, 2017 | Frigidaire 24 in. PLD2850 Built-in...
299 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: