Question about Microwave Ovens
Today my Magic Chef over-the-range microwave oven's light (to light range area) came on by itself and will not turn off. I am not quite sure how long it was on before I saw it, but I could smell a scent like plastic or something burning coming from the unit. When I press the light button the brightness of the light changes, depending on whether it is "on" or "night" but when I press it a third time for "off" it does not turn off. it is not long before the burning smell returns so I have to unplug it and only plug it in to use it. Is this a simple fix or should we replace the microwave? It seems like a fire hazard. Thank you very much!
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The turn table and fan are connected in series with the bulb,as you have mentioned that you have replaced bulb,so please check again for any loose contact on bulb holder or bulb continuity again.
Posted on Aug 03, 2007
SOURCE: Cook time button problems
The first thing to try is a "hard reset". Unplug it from the power line for a few minutes, plug it back in, set the clock, then try again.
Please reply back here and let us know if the hard reset doesn't fix it.
It may have a bad door switch, and we can help you check into that. The first test for that is to try it while gently lifting up and then while gently pushing down on the door.
If you don't have your owner's manual, you can download it here:
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Apr 12, 2008
SOURCE: microwave turned on by itself
Have you tried unplugging it than reapplying power ? Sometimes a power up reset will clear the logic on the control card and yes.. if it continues to run ...you have a potential fire hazard...
Posted on Sep 22, 2008
there's no obvious removable cover over the bulb (and the owner's
manual doesn't address it) some disassembly may be required.
Always unplug a microwave before removing or installing any bulbs.
The screws you need to remove should be pretty obvious, but a special driver (such as a T20H type or GTXH20-100) may be needed.
Be sure to put all the screws back in the right holes, since some may be special grounding screws.
Bulbs can be had in most grocery stores, hardware stores, home improvement centers, and big box or department stores.
Many models use halogen lamps. You must not touch the new one with your bare skin, as the oils will shorten the bulb life.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Oct 20, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 22, 2014 | Magic Chef 1.6 cu. ft. Over-the-Range...
Jun 07, 2009 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven
May 11, 2017 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 31, 2009 | GE JVM1653 Microwave Oven
Jan 08, 2009 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven
Jul 22, 2008 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven
Apr 11, 2008 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven
Aug 03, 2007 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven
141 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!