Question about Lexmark X3470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Never let a machine defeat you
there's a sensor in the printer that checks ink levels. the sensor uses a beam of light to check; if the light bounces back, the machine assumes there is ink in the cart and continues to operate. If the light is not bounced back, the machine assumes that the cart is empty and starts beeping or displaying an error message. on a refill the ink is not "packed in" like it is on a new factory one. so take black electrical tape and tape it around the spine and the outline of the cartridge to make it ALL BLACK with no transparencies, which causes the light to beam back (sensor then triggers error message)
tricking the machine into thinking the cartridge is full defeats it.
Posted on Apr 26, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Make sure that the power is turned on.
2. Open the Front Cover.
The FINE Cartridge Holder moves to the replacement position.
3. Remove the empty FINE Cartridge.
(1) Pinch the tabs and open the Ink Cartridge Locking Cover.
(2) Remove the FINE Cartridge.
4. Prepare the new FINE Cartridge.
(1) Take a new FINE Cartridge out of its package and remove the orange protective tape (C) gently.
5. Install the FINE Cartridge.
(1) Put a new FINE Cartridge in the FINE Cartridge Holder.
The Color FINE Cartridge should be installed into the left slot and the Black FINE Cartridge should be installed into the right slot.
(2) Close the Ink Cartridge Locking Cover to lock the FINE Cartridge into place.
Push down the Ink Cartridge Locking Cover until it clicks.
(3) Confirm that the Ink Cartridge Locking Cover is closed correctly.
6. Close the Front Cover.
Sep 20, 2011 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 27, 2010 | Dell A940 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 16, 2010 | Dell A940 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 22, 2009 | Dell A940 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 20, 2009 | Dell A940 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 06, 2009 | Dell A940 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 31, 2009 | Dell A960 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 26, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX6000 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 12, 2009 | Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 20, 2008 | Dell A940 All-In-One InkJet Printer
102 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!