Question about LG LRFC22750ST French Door 22.4 Cu. Ft. Refrigerator w/ Multi-Air Flow & Digital Read Out Temperatur...

1 Answer

Overheated melted light cover could this have caught fire?

The area near the temperature display got extremely hot and melted the light cover. It caused the temp display to separate from the top of the refrigerator. The parts are brown like they almost caught on fire. Are there any recalls on this refrigerator. I saw that several brands of refrigerators have been recalled because of fire danger.

Posted by on

  • cweil Apr 19, 2009

    Ours did not turn brown, but clearly melted. We did leave the freezer drawer slightly open once, but don't know if the upper lights come on when you open the freezer... Any suggestions welcome!!



1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Expert
  • 49 Answers

This is not a recall but the manufacturer will most likely cover the repair. The relay for the lights is stuck closed on the control board. The repair should include all cosmetic parts that were damaged plus a new improved control board and a new socket assembly with a thermostat built-in. Contact your local certified service depot for the repair.

Posted on Aug 20, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a 2008 Chevrolet Silverado and the warning lights keep coming on telling me AC not working/engine hot ,, ??

Cooling System Description and Operation

The instrument panel cluster (IPC) displays ENGINE COOLANT HOT message when the IPC receives a class 2 message from the powertrain control module (PCM) requesting illumination of this driver warning.
The IPC displays ENGINE OVERHEATED message when the IPC receives a class 2 message from the PCM requesting illumination of this driver warning.

DTC P1258: Engine Coolant Over temperature - Protection Mode Active
Have it check

Mar 03, 2017 | Chevrolet Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Fan oven over heating

I would contact the manufacturer .there could be a recall on it if you make them aware of the problem .

Dec 12, 2015 | Ovens

1 Answer

Two year old salt system. Went to manually turn on pump/sweep and found it not working. Upon inspection, found the bottom plastic portion of the timer mechanism has melted and there is a smell of...

T104 is 240Volt heavy-duty timer rated for 40amps.
Open following link to identify timer and correct wiring:

1) Since fire occurred at screw terminals, then wiring is best suspect, and not timer.
The timer clock motor consumes 3 watts of power and does not get hot, and is not located near the screw terminals where melting occurred.
The switch connections are mechanical and are also not located near the screw terminals.

2) Turn off power, remove plastic cover, take photo of wiring.
Post photo of wiring on Flickr, and then add a comment with link to photo.
Also include amp rating of circuit breaker, and amp rating of salt system.

3) To confirm cause of timer failure, timer can be sent to Intermatic:
Intermatic would also want to see a photo of wiring.

4) If wiring area is overheated, possible causes can include too much amp draw or loose wiring.
For example, if stranded wire and copper wire are under same terminal plate. Or two different gauge wires are under same terminal plate.
When electricity travels along copper wire, the wire is heated. If terminal is not screwed down tight, or wiring under the screw plate becomes loose from heating-and-cooling of wires, or different types of wire under same plate, then the loose wire begins to arc and cause melting and burning.
Other causes can be undersized wire, nearby lightning strike.
Several factors including loose wire can combine together and cause problem.

5) Fire safety:
The timer is enclosed inside a box to prevent overheating occurrences from causing a fire.
The closed box starved the fire of oxygen, but the heat melted plastic parts.
This is why timer box covers should always be kept closed, and why circuit breaker boxes are covered with heavy steel cover and door, and why each switch and outlet has a cover, and why all covers should be kept screwed down tight. No electrical connection should be open to air.

6) Take a moment and rate answer:
And take advantage of fixya expert assistance live.
For a price, expert works with you while you work on timer or any do-it-yourself project.
Fixya is always less expensive than a service call.

Aug 28, 2011 | Intermatic T104M 208-277Volt 40-amp Timer...

1 Answer

Extreme rise in refrigerator temperature

You probably have a bad light switch or the door may be sagging. interior lights are definetly staying on with door closed.

Feb 16, 2010 | Refrigerators

3 Answers

Ever heard of a transmission overheating enough to cause fire?

It is very unlikely that the transmission would over heat enough to cause a fire anywhere in the passenger compartment. If in fact there was a fire in the passenger quarter panel area there are two things that would be the cause. Either wiring behind the kick panel became shorted and caused the fire or the exhaust became extremely overheated and caused the fire.

Nov 17, 2009 | 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab Laramie

1 Answer

One of the plastic pieces that holds the inside tray caught on fire-Melted and sparks.

All of the holders should be removed, then clean the area around where they mount.

If there is any charring, lightly sand the area, clean and dry it.

Then you can apply some high-temperature appliance paint, available from places like Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Builder's Square.

Then you should replace all the holders as a set.

You can find helpful Whirlpool exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number from the tag on the oven here.

If the holders need to be unlocked from inside the chassis of the oven, this will require you to remove the oven from the wall and take off the outer cover.

If so, the installation instructions are very handy, and it's best to have two people since the microwave can be heavy and awkward.

You can download Whirlpool owner's manuals and installation instructions here.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Aug 19, 2009 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Light bulb stays on in Kenmore Elite fridge Model # 795.77559600

I had the same problem with a kenmore elite fridge and recieved the same response from Sears customer service!!! File a complaint with your local BBB. Sears contacted me within the day and sending out a tech at their expense only after the complaint was filed. Good luck. Elana

Jul 30, 2009 | Kenmore 55612 / 55614 / 5561 / 655619 Side...

1 Answer

Smoke from under car

If you had the oil leak repaired, you can do nothing and the smoke will eventually stop. You do run a small risk of fire, but if it has not caught fire yet, chances of that are small.

If you go to a quarter car was, maybe you can get under the car with the wand with engine cleaner first then hot soapy water and blow out the rest of the oil residue in the area of the Cat Converter

Good luck

Mar 17, 2009 | 1995 Toyota Camry

1 Answer

Potato caught fire during cooking. Microwave has

Hello, inside most microwaves, there is a thermal fuse, that if something in the cooking cavity is on fire, it will melt the thermal fuse, if it gets hot enough, thus breaking the power to the unit shutting it off. This sounds like what has happened to yours, simply replacing it will correct the problem. It is usually located near a cavity exhaust point. If you aren't comfortable doing this, as it requires removing the outer cover, while unplugged, and locating/replacing it, take it to a appliance service co. This will of course cost more, if you do it yourself, make sure you provide all of your make/model/serial/anything else, that will identify your unit, and call/go online to a parts retailer, and you should be able to get it done fairly cheap.

Hope this helps, and thank you.

Mar 01, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Interior light remains on when the door is closed

i believe this refrig, is produced by the LG corp, ofr kenmore, they do have a repair for this issue, ( i just changed one last month), which inckluded replaing hte light housing(the new one has a high limit thermostat to cutt off lights in case of this prblem) as well as replacing hte main control board behind the unit.scream safety issue!!!!!

Feb 12, 2009 | Kenmore 73502 / 73504 / 73509 Bottom...

Not finding what you are looking for?
LG LRFC22750ST French Door 22.4 Cu. Ft. Refrigerator w/ Multi-Air Flow & Digital Read Out Temperatur... Logo

241 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top LG Refrigerators Experts

Charles T Nevin
Charles T Nevin

Level 3 Expert

4066 Answers

John Tripp
John Tripp

Level 3 Expert

4654 Answers

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8220 Answers

Are you a LG Refrigerator Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides