Question about Emerson MW8627W Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Emerson Model MW8627W does not heat after changing fuse!

This Sunday, I heard a "pop" from my microwave. I knew instinctively that it was the fuse. The bad fuse was indeed burnt out (brown burn spots on it). So I changed out the bad fuse and replaced it with the correct fuse. The microwave runs fine, but it does not heat anything up. What do you think happened? Nothing looked frayed inside nor there was any burning smells emitting from the oven when I heard the "pop" sound. HELP!

Posted by on

  • bubbajuice Sep 22, 2007

    Awesome help! I totally appreciated the super quick response! Thank you!!! The capacitor was fried....!

    - Bubbajuice

×

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

    Corporal:

    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 67 Answers

Check the magnitron and capacitors one of this is bad

Posted on Sep 19, 2007

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Brown spots on window of microwave


see this steps and fix it.God bless you

  • Waveguide coverSparking and arcing in a microwave can be caused by a damaged waveguide cover. Try removing the waveguide cover to see if the problem persists. Once removed, the waveguide cover can be inspected for burns, which will indicate if this is the issue. If the waveguide cover is burnt or will not stay in the proper spot it will need to be replaced.
  • Cavity/Rack supportIf sparking or arcing in your microwave is near a rack support, any exposed metallic area can be covered with a microwave cavity support. It is also recommended to replace the rack supports in this situation to ensure the issue is resolved.
  • Cavity paintIf sparking or arcing in the microwave is visible on the side walls, the paint covering the metallic areas could have worn off or chipped. This can possibly cause pitting in the side walls or ceiling. If this is the case, it can be repaired with microwave cavity paint

  • Read more: http://www.appliancepartspros.com/repair-help/microwave-repair-help.html#10#ixzz2aSjW5F9U
    http://www.appliancepartspros.com

    Jul 29, 2013 | Microwave Ovens

    1 Answer

    Rust or brown spots on window of microwave


    follow this steps and fix it. God bless you


  • Waveguide coverSparking and arcing in a microwave can be caused by a damaged waveguide cover. Try removing the waveguide cover to see if the problem persists. Once removed, the waveguide cover can be inspected for burns, which will indicate if this is the issue. If the waveguide cover is burnt or will not stay in the proper spot it will need to be replaced.
  • Cavity/Rack supportIf sparking or arcing in your microwave is near a rack support, any exposed metallic area can be covered with a microwave cavity support. It is also recommended to replace the rack supports in this situation to ensure the issue is resolved.
  • Cavity paintIf sparking or arcing in the microwave is visible on the side walls, the paint covering the metallic areas could have worn off or chipped. This can possibly cause pitting in the side walls or ceiling. If this is the case, it can be repaired with microwave cavity paint

  • Read more: http://www.appliancepartspros.com/repair-help/microwave-repair-help.html#10#ixzz2aSjW5F9U
    http://www.appliancepartspros.com

    Jul 29, 2013 | Microwave Ovens

    1 Answer

    My old GE Spacemaker II microwave (JEM21K001) died. I was using it, heard a little pop, and it lost all power. Is this something simple to fix like replacing a fuse or is it bulk trash at this point?


    HELLO.

    take on these steps to solve the problem.

    Check if there is electric power on wall outlet.

    If the microwave plug has fuse,check if it has not burnt.if these are okay there is need to take the last step.

    things needed
    1.Screwdriver
    2.Ohmmeter
    3.New fuse

    1. Unplug the microwave from the electrical outlet to prevent electrocution. Place the microwave in a well-lit area to be able to locate the fuse.

    2. Use a screwdriver to remove the outer cabinet of the microwave, and follow the power cord to the fuse. The fuse is located 2 to 3 inches within the microwave and is attached to the power board.

    3. Observe the fuse to determine if it is blown. Blown glass fuses will produce burn marks on nearby surfaces, or the internal fuse wire will be black and melted, while ceramic fuses show no outward appearance of being blown.

    4. Determine if a ceramic fuse is blown by testing it with an ohmmeter. If the ohmmeter reads zero ohms, your fuse is not blown. Other readings on the ohmmeter show that your fuse is blown.
    5. Replace the blown fuse by popping it out of its holder, and snapping a new fuse in its place. Tighten the fuse clips by squeezing them together with your fingers.

    6. Replace the outer cabinet of the microwave, and plug the microwave back into the electrical outlet. Test the microwave to see if it's working properly.

    Thanks.

    Sep 18, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

    1 Answer

    Micro GE Spacemaker XL1400 Sunday I was warming up soup for three minutes when ready open door and I heard a click, micro shut down I tested the power outlet with the blender and It work An hour later the...


    IF YOU SMELLED BURNING TAHTS BAD, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR MAG TUBE WENT OUT (ITS WHAT MAKES THE MICROWAVES) iT WILL BE CHEAPER TO REPLACE IT, NEW UNIT STARTING FROM $115 FOR THE SAME MODEL

    Jun 07, 2010 | GE Microwave Ovens

    1 Answer

    Saw sparks and heard a pop noise when we hit ''start'' on microwave


    We just had the same problem - spark, loud noise, and then dead. At first I replaced the ceramic fuse and the same thing happened immediately. A local appliance store tested the transformer and found it was "bad." I purchased a used transformer from the store for about $35. I installed both of these myself with little effort.

    Sep 08, 2009 | Dacor DMO24SS Microwave Oven

    1 Answer

    Capacitor burned out? horrible burnt smell.


    YOUR GOING TO NEED A NEW MICROWAVE . the cap may be bad but the real bad smell you have is most likely the HV tranformer , if the magntron shorts to ground there will be a small smell if you dont pick up on that and your microwave is set to run another few mins the transformer will overheat and burn , then the fuse blows and the controls shut down . the end result , you have more parts bad than you have good . if you google " GE SPACEMAKER MICROWAVE FIRE ' you will see your not the only one , its getting to be COMMON . good luck

    Mar 08, 2009 | GE XL1800 1100 Watts Microwave Oven

    1 Answer

    Loud pop with smoke


    Don't know why just plugging it into a new outlet would cause that unless you have a problem with that outlet. Sounds like it may have burned out the low voltage circuitry. I would advise having the outlet checked and certified safe before plugging anything else into it. Also, it sounds like the oven is toast, (Sorry!)
    You can get parts on-line from AppliancePartsPros.com/Parts

    May 23, 2008 | Emerson MW8107WA Microwave Oven

    2 Answers

    Microwave door has burn spots on the glass of the door...


    i have the same problem, there is a brown spot about 3 inch
    by 2 inch at the bottom of the glass, I cannot clean it, it looks
    like its in between the glass.

    May 01, 2008 | Whirlpool MH6150XMS Microwave Oven

    1 Answer

    Microwave door has burn spots on the glass of the door...


    The brown spots are usually grease / smoke deposits. Usually there are indeed two sheets of glass in the door. If the grease is not arcing or smoking, and the metal screen / mesh (that blocks microwave leakage) is not damaged, then it's likely better left alone. It might be useful to boil a few cups of water with a little vinegar inside the microwave to help dissolve the deposits. In case you want to take it apart, I have attached a photo from a similar model that illustrates disassembly of the door. It is not necessary or advisable to remove the door or hinges when disassembling the door.

    Jun 25, 2007 | Goldstar MV-1501 Microwave Oven

    Not finding what you are looking for?
    Microwave Ovens Logo

    Related Topics:

    366 people viewed this question

    Ask a Question

    Usually answered in minutes!

    Top Emerson Microwave Ovens Experts

    William Miller
    William Miller

    Level 3 Expert

    9098 Answers

    Devabhakthuni...
    Devabhakthuni...

    Level 2 Expert

    225 Answers

    Jerry Greenberg
    Jerry Greenberg

    Level 3 Expert

    1689 Answers

    Are you an Emerson Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

    Answer questions

    Manuals & User Guides

    Loading...