Question about Kenmore 80412 Microwave Oven
The lights comes on, the plate turns and the fan comes on as well. It just won't heat any food
2 problem magnitron or high voltage capacitors one of this bad
Posted on Sep 19, 2007
Try unplugging the unit and do not enter the time of day, just hit clear. Place a cup of water in a microwave approved container and see if the unit heats. I have the samr problem.
Posted on Jan 29, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Quite often this is due to a bad door switch. Opening the door while cooking (without first hitting the STOP pad) is the primary cause of door switch failure, but it may also be a broken switch mount. I have a text file called "doorsw.txt" which helps in diagnosing and repairing door switch problems, and a file called "safety.txt" which is of vital importance. It is at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your base model number (without the suffix) here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383 or at http://www3.sears.com
Posted on Mar 20, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 01, 2013 | Microwave Ovens
Nov 02, 2012 | Microwave Ovens
Since the light and fan work the main board or the processor is working .Now identify the parts by clicking this link: http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/141/identifying-microwave-parts.html
As there is no heating please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is faulty, the temperature cut off is faulty or the main capacitor is short. It is also quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron.
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off. Check the wave guide covers, if food had deposited
then it must be checked or replaced.
Now keeping clear of the microwave, switch on, use a cup of water inside to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. replace with same type.
If there is heating without any issues, you can use the microwave safely
Thank You for using FIXYA.
Sep 17, 2011 | Belling Microwave Ovens
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....
Basic Microwave Oven Troubleshooting Tips
Feb 11, 2011 | Sharp R-1505 Microwave Oven
Oct 03, 2010 | Samsung Microwave Ovens
Jun 01, 2010 | Frigidaire FMV156DC Microwave Oven
Dec 01, 2008 | GE Microwave Ovens
Jan 08, 2008 | GE JVM1190 Microwave Oven
Jul 29, 2007 | Whirlpool MH6141XK Microwave Oven
1,345 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: