After pressing a cycle button, then the start button, the dishwasher sounds like it begins to run but no water enters tub, and it then shuts off. I already checked the door seal and water to the unit, they're both fine. What else could be wrong?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Brand New GE Dishwasher quit on me
When a dishwasher first starts the pump kicks in for a few seconds before the timer starts the programme, then it should fill up etc,
all you can do is confirm again the water supply is actually flowing to the machine, then call out the engineer under guarantee
if this was or is not under guarantee, check the water solenoid valve for being open circuit (does it buzz when switched on) no, then faulty, yes then no water there /
hope i have helped if so please rate me, thank you, please work safe
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Ensure that the dishwasher is connected to a working power supply.
Check the local fuse or circuit breaker and restart as necessary.
Open and shut the door firmly until it latches into place. The
dishwasher will not function if the door is not latched into position.
Select the desired cycle and press the cycle button firmly, as you must
choose a cycle in order for the dishwasher to begin operation.
Look at the water valve that is connected to the dishwasher and ensure it is turned on.
Turn off the dishwasher and unplug it from the power supply to reset
the unit. Plug it back in and select a new cycle. Select "Start." If
the dishwasher still does not start, contact an authorized service
1. Wait approximately 90 seconds for the light to turn off if the "Start/Reset" indicator light flashes. Press the "Start/Reset" button to restart the wash cycle. 2. Close the dishwasher door and move the latch to the locked position if you hear a beep once every 30 seconds when the dishwasher should be operating. The dishwasher will not operate if the door is open. 3. Turn on the hot water faucet and feel the water to check if it is hot. Wait for the water to warm up before running the dishwasher if the water is not hot. Check that you have proper water pressure and wait for the pressure to return to normal if it is low. Your dishes may not come out clean if the water is not the correct temperature or if you have low water pressure. 4. Move the dishes on the racks so that they do not block the detergent dispenser or washer arms on the bottom of the machine. The dishes will not come out clean if they block the detergent dispenser or the washer arms. 5. Load the proper amount of detergent in the dishwasher if you find spots or film form on your glasses. If you have hard water, use a rinsing product such as Jet-Dry in the dishwasher to clean the spots or film. If the problem persists, wash smaller loads of dishes. 6. Add only automatic dishwasher detergent to the dishwasher if you find excessive suds in the tub after running a cycle. Measure out the proper amount of detergent. 7. Press the "Heated Dry," "Hot Start," "Hot Wash" and "Added Heat" buttons, if you find that your dishes are not fully dry after a wash cycle completes. 8. Press and hold the "Heated Dry" button on the dishwasher for approximately three seconds if the control pad does not respond to button presses. This is the child lock that prevents unwanted use of the dishwasher.
You have pressed the indicator light flashing START/RESET pad while the START/RESET dishwasher is running. This will cancel the cycle. The light will stop flashing after the dishwasher drains (about 90 seconds).
• Press the pad once to start the dishwasher. Press the pad a second time when the dishwasher is running only if you wish to cancel the cycle.
Power to the dishwasher was turned off while a cycle was running and power has just been restored to the dishwasher. The blinking lights indicate that the dishwasher is draining the potential water inside.
• The light will stop flashing after the dishwasher drains. A new cycle will start automatically.
How to Purge Incorrect Liquid Detergent from the Bulk Dispenser
purge routine operates the bulk dispenser pump continuously to drain
the bulk dispenser tank when an incorrect liquid was poured in the
tank. The process consists of setting up the dishwasher to run the
purge mode, running the purge mode and then cleaning up the purged
Follow these steps carefully to have a successful purge run.
For Top Control Models:
Make sure Pre-wash, Added Heat and Heated Dry LEDs are off.
Press Heated Dry and Down Arrow buttons together for 3 seconds. All LEDs will illuminate.
Press Added Heat and Up Arrow buttons together for 3 seconds. The Anti-bacteria LED will illuminate
Press Start button one time
Select Normal and make sure Pre-wash, Added Heat and Heated Dry LEDs are off.
Press Start button one more time and dishwasher
will run a complete cycle without the main motor running. Cycle is
complete when the Clean light illuminates. This should take
approximately 60 minutes.
Open door and wipe up excess detergent from the door and tub
Flush remaining detergent off by pouring water on the door and tub where there is detergent residue.
Remove SmartDispenser cap and fill tank with water and then replace cap.
Repeat Steps 1 through 9 one time.
Then, repeat Steps 1 through 6. When the Clean
LED illuminates, the system is purged and ready to be refilled with the
Front Mount Controls (same as above except for the changes in the two below steps):
2. Press Heated Dry and Cookware together for 3 seconds. All LEDs illuminate.
3. Press Added Heat and Cookware together for 3 seconds. The Anti-bacterial LED illuminates.
The LG 7811 dishwasher is supposed to even support a cold water (vs. hot water) connection. Then it will heat the water up to 120 degrees upon each fill cycle. This is not optimal and it adds much time to the already long full cycle. When you run the hot water at the kitchen sink until it is hot and then kick off the cycle, is the water hot at the beginning? It should be 120 degrees minimum and well under 140 degrees maximum.
Do you get any error codes on the display?
Troubleshooting is possible, but recommend you contact LG service at the number in the user guide asap. Press for fast, free resolution to this problem. Please reply when you have gotten this fixed, explaining what fixed this nice, quiet dishwasher. Good Luck!
PS: When you get it running, do not use ultra-cheap dishwasher soap. Recommend Electrosol powder or cascade. Never use gel or tablets on this water conserving dishwasher.
Sounds like the electronic controls (smart card) are acting up. Try shutting off the power at your fuse box or shut off the circuit breaker for 1 minute them turn the power on again. This fix quite often works on electronic appliances.