Question about Computers & Internet
Every time i plug my wireless printer into an outlet, and turn it on, it always sais its disconnected and won't print. To make it print once i had to reinstall it, once i had to reconfigure it, the next time i went to printer properties and unselected "enable bidirectional support". all these redos allowed it to print, and once again i need to print something. I had a disc that came with the printer and I try to use it to make the printer work.What can I do to just plug it in, turn it on and make it print like a connected with cable printer would work?
Are you using Windows? If so, when it boots (if it comes up clean then do this)
1) DO NOT TRY TO PRINT
2) Check the status of the printer (enable,disable,offline, etc)
3) The one you want to see is enable or ready.
4) By the way,you want bidirectional 'ON' because your printer won't print correctly. (That's if you have a bidirectional printer)
5) If it is showing any of the codes in step 2, try and correct them.
6) If that doesn't work, check your printer for any loose wires or connections and check the wall outlet to see if it is plugging in correctly.
7) If that doesn't work, get your owner's manual out and see if you can ran a diagnostic test on it. Some printers have a built in program that will let you do this.
8) Last but not least, go to the website of the manufacturer of your printer, go to either FAQ's or knowledge base. Look for either an error code you have seen or description of the problem.
Hope I haven't confused you to much, I just recently retired from the federal government after working on computers for 22 years.
Posted on Aug 05, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 25, 2012 | Dell Computers & Internet
Feb 12, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jul 24, 2011 | HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless All-In-One...
May 05, 2011 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
Apr 18, 2011 | Lexmark X4650 InkJet Printer
Feb 27, 2011 | Brother HL-2170W Laser Printer
Mar 11, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 11, 2017 | Xincom XC-DPG602 Router (XCDPG602)
Sep 10, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 29, 2007 | Zyxel M-302 (M302) 802.11g/b Wireless...
59 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!