I have a Vu phone I got a data transfer cable and a memory card I was to transfer pics from my PC to cell but when I hook it up it only lets me do songs do I need a drive or something....PLEASE HELP!!!!
The first thing you should do AFTER connecting the Vu to your computer is to select "Connect as Mass Storage Mode", this will allow you to save "Graphics" to your phone;
1. Select the file from your computer that you want to load to the phone;
2. Select the destination (your Vu) NOTE: make sure you select the correct "Removable" disk drive letter that is your phone (mine show up as G:
3. Drag-and-Drop the file from step one onto your phone and you should be good.
NOTE: to check, detach the data cable and do the following;
1. Select (Touch) the "Menu" button (Four dots on the bottom left of the main display screen;
2. Select (Touch) the folder ICON (the ICON in the middle on the right of the Menu screen);
3. Select (Touch) the "More" ICON;
4. Select (Touch) "Memory Card"
You should see you pic here and can move it by selecting it, clicking options, move and then pasting it into the file you want it in. NOTE: all of this can be done when you have the phone connected as "Mass" storage just as if you were moving files from drive to drive/folder to folder on your local hard-drive.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
For Transferring the pictures from your phone you can do it in two ways
1. If you have bluetooth in your PC then you can transfer with that.
2. Second if you got the pictures on a memory card you can use a card reader to transfer it.
3. Third, if you have no memory card, then install your samsung pc suite software> Connect your phone with the data cable that came along with your phone>Select pc suite option on your phone> then Transfer via pc suite.
4.Fourth, if you have a memory card but the pics are on the phone memory then you can simply mark the pictures and move to memory card then transfer via memory card reader or connect a data cable select Mass storage from the option that comes on your phone screen, then browser through the photos on computer and copy > paste.
The easiest way is to put the phone's memory card in the PC's card reade and place pics in the image folder on the card. BUT, beware that the phone can read only upto a certain resolution. If your pics on the computer are of greater resolution than that then the phone will not be able to read them.
This is really easy if you have a memory card- up to 4 GB in your VU. All you need is an LG data cable, the phone and a pc. Do not under any circumstances use the LG PC Suite software, because it is useless with the VU. Simply attach the data cable to the phone, and the other end to an available usb port in your pc. The pc will then recognize your memory card as an external storage device, and you can simply cut and paste the photos from the graphics file on your memory card to your documents or picture files on your pc. Try it, its easy peasy!
You can move all the photos on your memeory card to your pc using a data cable. Your memory card will be detected as an external mass storage device, and you simply drag and drop them onto your computer. Any photos that are installed by your cellular service provider are locked into your phones memeory and connot be moved however.
Step 1. If your phone has a data cable, please connect your phone via data cable to your computer. Then copy your pic to your pc, you can then transfer it into your memory card.
Step 2. If step 1. does not work then go over to the picture on your phone. Select the option, scroll to 'organise", this would drop down options of "copy to phone memory" and "move to phone memory". The former would leave a copy on the original directory while the latter would move to a now location (memory card).
It is quite a bummer, but you have to select one picture at a time, go to options, select move, choose memory card, select paste and then when you have moved all of your pictures over to your memory card you can get them on your computer via the data cable. I miss my sony!
Using a proprietary data cable, download to your PC, then upload to your phone.
If you have a compatible data card reader on your PC:
1. download directly from your data card onto your PC hard drive, 2. insert your new data card,
3. goto my computer and then drag and drop the files you want into your new data card.