Question about Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
How do I take care of the Waste Ink Absorber? Should I replace it or just get a new printer??my canon ip90 is saying the same thing-help!
If the waste ink absorber is really full, you will have to disassemble the printer removing the absorbing pad, cleaning in in a sink (this may release a lot of ink) and put it back. Sending this printer out for repairs is not worth the price, you can get a new one with roughly same amount you would pay.
By the way , when you get the Waste Ink Absorber message , usually the waste ink absorber is not full, if this is first time it happens you can reset the counter and printer will probably work.
Here there is a procedure:
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the
selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
6) Power off then back on and test.
Here is a discussion group on same problem.
Posted on Apr 18, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 03, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 Printer
Dec 02, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 16, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 01, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP8500 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 10, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1500 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 01, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 05, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP3300 InkJet Photo Printer
May 16, 2009 | Canon i9900 InkJet Photo Printer
Nov 12, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
23 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!