Question about Dishwashers
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Some Kenmore DW have a check valve attached to the sump that may have a blockage. Remove toe panel, look for a long, white, plastic fitting attached the front, right side of the sump. Remove the drain hose from the valve. Unscrew the valve from the sump and inspect for debris inside the valve.
Posted on Jun 14, 2008
After the first try of our dishwasher the water didn't completely drain. Ever since the same level of water hasn't drained from the dishwasher.
Posted on Jun 17, 2008
I have a Quiet Guard 4. Same problem so will describe my solution.
1. Remove bottom basket. Remove top basket.
2. Remove bottom washing arm. Unscrew (Gently but firmly) the centre post. Lift arm assembly up and out.
3. Remove overhead conduit. One screw at back, one at top (Philips #2 bit). Rotate whole assembly 45 deg right (Clockwise) and lift off of centre post.
4. Remove centre post (Pull straight up). Remove 4 screws (Star T-20 bit). Lift whole assembly out. Pop off screen and clean.
5. Remove cap over cutter/chopper. There is a single screw at front left (under assembly removed in 4). Remove screw (Star T-15 bit) and cap (Needs some wiggling to free it up). Remove cutter and filter. It is on a spring loaded pin. Pull the cutter blade foreward and then the filter disc straight up. Clean thoroughly as it may be the cause of your problems.
Reassimble. Good luck!
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
sounds to me that you may have some suds residue in the dishwasher that keeps it from draining completely. Get you some dishwasher cleaner which you can purchase at wal-mart or wherever you buy your detergent, and clean out your dishwasher. It is a inexpensive test. Alot less expensive than having a tech come to your house. Make sure that your drain hose is mounted higher that where it goes into the drain. This is also a common problem that I encounter in the field. Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you futher.
Posted on Apr 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 12, 2015 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Dec 18, 2013 | Dishwashers
Jan 07, 2013 | Kenmore 24 in. 17482 / 17484 / 17489...
Mar 29, 2012 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Jan 10, 2011 | Kenmore 24 in. 16039 Built-in Dishwasher
Jan 10, 2011 | Kenmore 24 in. 15932 Built-in Dishwasher
Sep 18, 2010 | Kenmore 24 in. 15159 Built-in Dishwasher
Aug 11, 2009 | Kenmore 16602 / 16604 / 16609 Built-in...
Nov 29, 2007 | Kenmore 17245 Dishwasher
Sep 02, 2007 | Kenmore 24 in. 17032 Built-in Dishwasher
389 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!