- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
are they subs or door speakers? if they are subs, then speakers ohm load is too low for the amp. If they are speakers then again the ohm load is too low or one the speakers are blown are shorting out against the door. sometimes when mouting speakers in the door, the terminals are accidentally touching some metal inside the door.
Remove all speaker inputs and outs and just have your 12volt battery, ground and radio remote connected and power up the amp. If it turns red instantly, then the amp is shorted/blown. If it stays green, then install your speaker inputs and outs one at a time. make sure your amp is on while your doing this. if the amp goes into protect mode, take note of which wire it was for it's most likely shorted. Fix that shorted wire and the unit should stay on.
your speaker wires are touching if the plus or minus or (red and black wires) are touching it can blow the amp this is a protection. Check all the speaker wires on the back and makes sure they are not touching.
This is a short or unstable ohm load. Remove all speaker wire connections to see if the amp will stay on.
If the problem goes away when disconnecting the speaker wires try this:
1) Check volume level on zone one and zone 2 if connected. If it is too high the amp will go into protect mode and shut off exactly as you described.
2) Make sure no wires are touching any other wire or the metal surface of the amp. This will cause a short and send the amp into protect mode.
Recheck each and every wire connected to the amp. If everything is wired correctly, then you either have a shorted speaker, or a shorted pair of speaker wires, or one of the speaker wires is touching another grounded location, or the amp is blown.
That's about as far as you can take it, unfortunately.
Double and triple check all you wiring. EVERY wire! Don't assume anything about any single wire.
Depends on your amp. If they are dual 4 and your amp is 1 ohm stable and you have 2 subs, wire red to red and then red to plus on the amp. If your amp isnt 1 ohm stable wire ch1 red to + on amp, ch1 black to ch2 red, then ch 2 black to - on amp. If this sounds like french to you, go to a stereo shop in your area and pay them to hook up your stuff. It will be a lot cheaper than buying a new amp and subs.
The Sub gets it's output from the pre-amp circuit, whereas the components get their output from the main amp circuit in the unit.
Sounds like it could be a short in the speaker wiring or a blown speaker. Check all wiring to the speakers.
Check all speaker wires from the unit to the speakers.
check that each pair of speaker terminals at the speaker end is not
touching. Or, a wire fell of 1 terminal to rest on another.
way to check if it's a blown speaker or a wiring short, is to
disconnect all speaker connections ( at the speaker end ) making sure
the disconnected wires don't touch each other or any metal in the car.
press the reset on the unit and power up. If the unit powers up ok,
then its a blown speaker.
Otherwise it's a short in the wiring.
If it's a blown speaker, you can connect 1 speaker at a time and the blown 1 will send the unit into protect mode again.
it's the wiring, disconnect the unit from the wiring and use and ohm
meter to check each pair of cables. A reading suggests a short.
If you don't have an ohm meter a battery and bulb will do. This method usually works on a short.
you have no joy with either method, take each speaker wire in turn and
check with a source of earth (anything metal connected directly to the
body of the car, cigar lighter main body when pulled slightly out is
The amps are probably going into protection mode. The wires are most likely not hooked up correctly. Make sure you have a good ground, good power source, and the remote wire is run correctly. Also make sure the speaker output wires aren't touching each other, and you have the correct ohm load for the amp. What kind of speakers/subs are hooked up and how are they wired?