Question about Voyetra Turtle Beach Ear Force X1 Headset
I have a Turtle beach x1 headset and want to use it on my computer I can get the audio to work but when I look in the recording devices in the control panel the mic does not show up. Thanks
I found this on the Turtle Beach website:
Let's make absolutely sure that the microphone in your headset is working correctly. If the mic is working, a replacement talkback cable should fix it. If not, then please send in your name, shipping address, the name of the store where you purchased your X1 and the date (month/day/year) of purchase.
OK, here's how to test the X1 using the Microphone input on your PC:
1) Take the pink plug from the X1 and plug it into the pink jack (Microphone input) on your PC's soundcard.
2) Take the green plug from the X1 and plug it into the green jack (Front L/R Out or Line Out) on your PC's soundcard.
3) Take the USB plug from the X1 and insert it into a USB port on the PC (not a USB hub, please).
4) In the soundcard's control software, enable the Microphone for playback. In the Microphone > Advanced settings, enable the Microphone Boost. Make sure the Microphone is not muted (Mute switch is not enabled).
5) Adjust the volume for the Microphone to about half-way up.
6) Adjust the overall playback volume to about half-way up.
7) Put on the headset. Make sure the Mute switch on the X1 amp box is not set to Mute (the LED should be green).
Now speak into the microphone. Do you hear your voice in the headphones? If so, the mic works and your X1 headphones should be OK. If you still cannot get the X1 mic to work over Xbox Live, then you need to take a closer look at Dashboard settings and other connections, or check the integrity of your X1-Xbox Controller Cable.
In order to enable the chat make sure that the Mute button in the Off position. If it is on the ON position the Mic will not work.
Red = Muted Green = UN-Muted
If you're having trouble adjusting the Mic in Windows:
For Windows XP, there's a nice video on YouTube that takes you through all the steps of setting up your microphone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vissxo8furo
Please follow these instructions to configure your microphone within Windows Vista:
1. Left-click on the Start button. The Start Menu will appear.
2. Left-click on Control Panel. The Control Panel will open.
3. Left-click on the Hardware and Sound option. The Hardware and Sound window will open.
4. Left-click on the Sound option. The Sound window will open.
5. Left-click on Recording from the three tabs at the top of the Sound window. While in the Recording tab of the Sound window, you will see all options available for recording - Microphone should be one of them. (If you don’t see an option for Microphone, ensure your microphone is plugged into your computer using the jacks commonly located on either the front or back of the machine.)
6. Left-click on the Microphone option to highlight it. This will enable the Properties button toward the bottom-right of the window. Left-click on the Properties button.
7. You should see the Properties for your recording (input) devices. One of these should be Microphone.
8. Left-click on the Levels tab (or similar). Adjust the Level (Volume) and Mic Boost controls to at least half-way up. If your Mic Boost control is a simple check box, please make sure it is checked (Enabled). You should hear your microphone in your headset or speakers.
Once the levels are adjusted to your satisfaction, left-click OK and OK to save your settings. You can then close the Control Panel.
Your microphone should now be ready!
Posted on Mar 11, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 07, 2010 | Voyetra Turtle Beach Turtle Beach Ear...
Apr 06, 2010 | Voyetra Turtle Beach Turtle Beach Ear...
Feb 17, 2010 | Voyetra Turtle Beach Ear Force X1 Headset
Feb 15, 2010 | Voyetra Turtle Beach Ear Force X1 Headset
Feb 14, 2010 | Voyetra Turtle Beach Ear Force X1 Headset
Jan 09, 2010 | Voyetra Turtle Beach Ear Force X1 Headset
Oct 26, 2009 | Voyetra Turtle Beach Turtle Beach Ear...
Aug 14, 2009 | Voyetra Turtle Beach Ear Force X1 Headset
Jul 21, 2009 | Voyetra Turtle Beach Ear Force X1 Headset
Jul 18, 2009 | Voyetra Turtle Beach Ear Force X1 Headset
Apr 21, 2014 | Voyetra Turtle Beach Ear Force X1 Headset
849 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!