Question about Epson Stylus CX3200 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Have just managed to repair my Epson CX3200 thanks to the site! It took 24 hours of messing about but now it works perfectly again. It had the error light on and the display said certain items inside printer are beyond user life contact distributor. It has been a great machine for 3 years exactly and as it had been performing perfectly I was loathe to bin it. I followed the advice and hey presto! I have few tips to anyone attempting same.
1. Download from the site as recommended SSC Service Utility http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/
2. When taking off the scanner unit there is a smallish cover on the left hand side of the printer at the back; remove this and disconnect two ribbon cables, two cables with push pin conectors and a spade connector, 5 altogether.
3. Two screws hold down the hinges of the scanner unit remove and store carefully. Lift off scanner unit.
4. Take out four screws holing printer body on, long magnetic philips screwdriver needed. store screws lift off cover.
5. At back of printer are the three waste ink pads; use a spade end screw driver to lift out one at a time. They are about 5cm x 9cm and the bottom one is slightly different shape to other two.
6. Rinse them thoroughly with water and then squeeze out and dry. I used kitchen roll and then hair dryer.
7. Replace one at a time tucking in corner bits with screwdriver.
8. Replace body, scanner unit, wires and cover.
9. Connect up printer and switch on. Error light will come on again; don't dispair, this is what fooled me. Open SSC utility on desktop and then close; icon appears in lower right screen on application bar like printer icon. Right click and pop up menu appears; left click on "Protection Counter" and then "Reset Protection Counter".
10. Turn off printer and then switch back on again. Error light should go out and you can carry on.
Posted on Apr 25, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 16, 2013 | Canon imageCLASS MF4150 All-In-One Laser...
Sep 12, 2012 | Canon MX300 Office All-In-One Printer
Aug 10, 2010 | HP LaserJet M1120 MFP All-In-One Printer
Aug 05, 2017 | HP OfficeJet 4255 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 29, 2009 | Brother IntelliFAX 1270E Plain Paper Fax
Feb 22, 2008 | Epson Stylus CX5400 All-In-One InkJet...
124 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: