Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Covers over cooking/night lights are melting

The plastic covers over the cooking/night lights are melting. We're afraid of a fire, but we need to see while we cook. Is there a solution? It's a Kenmore Elite Microwave and Range hood (not convection)

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Corporal:

    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 5 Answers

I have a microwave above my stove also but it has not done what yours is doing. I would try a lower watt bulb since it would not give off as much heat. You may need to replace the lens or else just take it out and get rid of the problem altogether. You would have a brighter light anywas even if you kept the same bulb. Most of those bulbs are florescent and do not put out much heat anyway and seldom cause heat problems, esp. giving off enough heat to melt something.

Posted on Apr 17, 2009

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Need Glass that covers bulb lpool microwave


no plastic shield is required most of microwave oven comes with open light

Mar 29, 2014 | Whirlpool MH2155XP Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Can I put the lid of my slow cooker in the oven? I'm cooking conventionally using just the crock. Val


I wouldn't recommend it as the lid has a plastic handle which will melt. The covers
themselves are made of pyrex glass generally and would stand the heat, It is just
a concern as to what material is attached to them as far as knobs and trim ring.
Hope this helps.

Jun 05, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

This is now the 3rd GE to die on me in 10 years. Model is PEB2060dm1ww. Its a built in microwave Last night my soon cooks his dinner OK. When my wife went to cook her artichoke.. all seemed fine as the...


if out of warranty you can try a simple "fix" . some microwaves are made with a simple fuse on the inside of casing- should be able to remove cover with 4-6 screws and then locate fuse- DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE! If in doubt replace the whole thing.

PS- if dusty inside ,use canned air(for computers or cameras)

May 02, 2011 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My microwave has melted a huge hole 17 cm in diameter in the plastic cooking cover - what is wrong with the microwave.


Nothing is wrong with the microwave, the plastic cover was either not microwave suitable or a splash of grease/oil/food was stuck to the plastic and melted it.

Jan 24, 2011 | LG LMV1630ST Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Heating up a heat pack has caused the small


The plate MIGHT cover the waveguide that brings the microwave energy into the cooking cavity, This might be say an inch by two or three inches.

IF the plate has burned or discolored, then it may be carbonized and will continue to absorb the microwave energy and MAY cach fire.

You should service the unit and replace the part.

Running the microwave with too small a load in it can cause this and also if hot food/object touches the plate.

Nov 13, 2009 | Emerson Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Plastic melted inside oven, dripping from ceiling Kenmore 721


The round peice in top of unit is a cover for the stirrer wich moves waves around for even cooking. The reason for it melting is almost certainly there is not enough paint in cavity and waves are shorting out to metal.CALL the manufacturer and depending on age of unit they may replace it free

Apr 21, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

E-wave KOT-152UB glass tray and turning ring melted


Sounds like some metal is involved somehow. If the unit otherwise works, replace the damaged parts. Test with a cup filled with water.

Dec 08, 2007 | Dacor DMT2420 1200 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

LG 1925 Microwave suddenly stopped cooking, other functions work fine!


What you said about the the clock leads me to suggest that you first unplug it for a few minutes then plug it back in. It may just need a good reset. If you don't have your owner's manual you can download one here: http://www.lge.com/support/manual.jsp The mention of odor concerns me. It may just be a bit of food or grease on the waveguide cover, which is a small sheet or panel on the wall or ceiling of the cooking cavity, but it may indicate the failure of a part in the high voltage section. You may have an intermittent door switch. You can see some of my other responses for info on how to get our important text file that helps you diagnose and repair door switches and gives important safety tips.

Dec 10, 2006 | LG LMV1925 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

167 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9085 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

76846 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...