Question about Televison & Video
As of the moment there's no region hack for this player; but you can update the latest firmware from pioneer website.System Firmware Update Instructions For Model BDP-05FD/BDP-51FD
- If you have any difficulty carrying out these instructions, please contact Pioneer Customer Support Center. Toll Free in USA 1-800-421-1404
A. Check the current firmware version of the player:
You can also use the remote control.
1. Press the "STANDBY/ON" button to switch the unit on.
2. If the player starts to play a disc, press the "STOP" button and wait until the Pioneer logo is displayed on your TV.
3. Press the "Home Menu" button.
4. Select "Initial Setup" then press "Enter."
5. Select "Video Out" then press "Enter".
6. Select "TV Aspect Ratio" then press "Enter".
7. Press the "Blue" button on the remote control.
8. The firmware version of your player will be displayed in the bottom right portion of the TV screen.
If the version number is 1.25a or higher, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
If the version number is less than 1.25a, it is necessary to update the firmware. Please continue to Step B.
B. Download the firmware ZIP file from Pioneer's website:
1. Download the firmware ZIP file named "BDP_0551FD_Ver125a.zip" from the website to a folder on your computer.
C. Copy the firmware to a disc:
To create a CD-R/-RW update disc, you will need:
- A CD-R/-RW drive
- CD-R/-RW creation (writing) software
- One blank CD-R or CD-RW disc
CD-R Disc: You can only use a blank CD-R disc
CD-RW Disc: You must erase the contents of the CD-RW disc before copying the firmware files to the disc
- Supported OS: Windows: 98, 98SE, Me, 2000, XP, Vista, MacOS
* No other OS is supported for this update.
* For information about burning a CD-R/-RW, refer to the instruction manual for your disc creation software.
* Certain conditions or PC settings may prevent you from being able to correctly create the update disc.
* For information about adding files to a CD-R/-RW, refer to the instruction manual for your disc creation software, or ask the manufacturer of the disc creation software or manufacturer of the PC for further assistance.
1. Place a CD-R/-RW disc in the CD drive.
2. Double click the ZIP file named "BDP_0551FD_Ver125a.zip" to open it.
3. Double click the zipped ISO file named "BDP_0551FD_Ver125a.iso".
The CD creation writing software on your computer should automatically open. After the software opens, it should already be set to burn an image file. If not, please make this the setting in your software. If your software does not open automatically, then please go to step 4, otherwise skip to step 5.
4. If your software does not open automatically, then extract and save the zipped file named "BDP_0551FD_Ver125a.iso" to a folder on your computer. Open your creation writing software, and set it to burn an image file.
5. Make sure the ISO file "BDP_0551FD_Ver125a.iso" is selected as the source file then copy/burn the file to the disc.
D. After the disc is completed, confirm the following 3 files are on the disc:
- If the correct files are not copied to the disc, your player will not recognize it as an update disc and you will not be able to carry out the update.
- You could not find a file named ".DLdiscidentifier.txt" depending on the configuration of your computer because it is hidden file.
1. Confirm the file named "DLfile.pkg" is on the disc and also confirm its file size.
You can check the file size by selecting a file then pressing the right mouse button and choosing "Properties". If the file name and size do not match the ones listed above, then perform steps B and C again using a new blank disc.
E. Update the system firmware of the player:
- Use the front panel buttons to carry out all actions. DO NOT use the remote control buttons.
- The update process can take anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes.
- The disc tray will open during the updating process, so if you have your player in an enclosed space (i.e. an entertainment center), be sure to allow enough space for the disc tray to open without bumping anything.
- DO NOT touch the disc tray or the disc until the update has finished.
- If you have any problem during the update process, please refer to the firmware update FAQ included in this document or you can call Pioneer Customer Support Center. Toll Free in USA 1-800-421-1404
1. Press the "STANDBY/ON" button to switch the unit on.
2. Press the "OPEN/CLOSE" button to open the disc tray.
3. Place the UPDATE disc you created on the disc tray.
4. Press the "OPEN/CLOSE" button on the front panel to close the tray.
"DISC-DWLD" will appear on the front panel display of the player.
DO NOT unplug the power cable and DO NOT press the "STANDBY/ON" button until the unit switches into standby mode as described in step 6. Doing so may result in your player becoming unresponsive and will then need repairs. Please continue to step 5.
5. After a few minutes the messages (DOWNLOAD, etc.) will appear on the front panel display of the player.
Note that from this point, the update process can take from 5 to 15minutes.
6. The disc tray will open and the message "DOWNLOAD OK" will appear on the front panel display for a few seconds after the firmware update has finished. The unit automatically switch into standby with the disc tray remaining open and the lights on the front panel will be off.
7. Remove the UPDATE disc from the disc tray.
8. Press the "STANDBY/ON" button to switch the unit on.
9. Check the firmware version (see section A).
If the version has not been upgraded to 1.25a then confirm that the files on the disc are the correct ones as described in step D and perform the update again in step E.
If the version is 1.25a then the firmware update was successful. The player is now ready for use.
Posted on Apr 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 08, 2013 | Televison & Video
Aug 02, 2017 | Panasonic 2012 Dmp-bd77 All Region Code...
Aug 01, 2011 | Samsung Televison & Video
Apr 28, 2010 | Pioneer BDP-51FD Blu-Ray Player
Apr 12, 2010 | Mitsubishi WS-55819 55" Rear Projection...
Mar 01, 2010 | Pioneer BDP-120 Blu-Ray Player
Nov 19, 2009 | GPX D1816 DVD Player
Sep 29, 2009 | Samsung BD-P3600 Blu-Ray Player
Jan 02, 2009 | Directed 434MHZ Remote Control
143 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: