Question about Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
When turn on says No detailed maps found that support routing. The nuvi cannot be used without them.
I finally got an answer to the same problem and here it is. Do exactly what it says to do and it will copy to your NUVI 200W. This is a manual way of doing it without the program logging onto the Garmin website.
Thank you for contacting Garmin International. I am sorry that you are having difficulties updating your Nuvi. I have included a fix that you can do which will fix the error message that you are getting on your unit.
1. Extract the downloaded file Garmin_RMU_2010B.exe using 7zip(7zip.org) or WINRAR.
2. After extracting, the files should be available at the location where you extracted the files.
3. Go to the extracted file location. Click on the Windows folder.
4. Right click on the Setup.exe file and Click Create Shortcut
5. Right click on the Shortcut to Setup.exe file and Click Properties
6. In the target line add " -build_map_image 006-D0783-04" at the end of setup.exe". For example it ill end would looking like xxx\Setup.exe" -build_map_image 006-D0783-04
7. Click OK.
8. Double click on the Shortcut to Setup.exe the map file will be built. Leave the Window open till completion of all steps.
10a. Windows XP: Click on Start>Run, then type in %Temp%. Another window will open.
10b. Windows Vista: Click on the Start Button, in the Start Search, type %temp%. Another window will open.
11. The file is placed in subfolder named 006-D0783-04.
12. Copy the gmapprom.img file from the folder to the Garmin folder on the Nuvi. Overwrite the existing file.
13. The lower 49 states will be installed on the unit.
If you have any trouble with this fix, or are not comfortable trying it please call into our 800 number and ask to speak to Software Support and one of our technicians will be happy to assist you.
If you need further assistance please call 800-800-1020 number Mon - Fri 8:00am to 7:00 pm central time and someone will be happy to assist you.
Posted on Apr 22, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 23, 2011 | Garmin nuvi 255W GPS Receiver
Nov 04, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Oct 15, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 205W GPS Receiver
Jul 15, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 205W GPS Receiver
Aug 14, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 250W GPS Receiver
Jul 11, 2009 | Garmin nuvi® 200 Car GPS Receiver
Mar 19, 2009 | Garmin Nuvi 350 Car GPS Receiver
Feb 28, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 255W GPS Receiver
Feb 20, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 350 GPS Receiver
Jan 01, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
303 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: